Old skills, new direction

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

ForgeCorvus
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Old skills, new direction

Post by ForgeCorvus »

Hiya Folks
First post here, but I have been reading most of the site (the rest I'm going to get to soon).

I'm a blacksmith, archer, re-enactor, bushcrafter, ex-LARPer and am looking to start longsword (as soon as the local club unlocks)
I'm a maker of things, a jack of all trades and the guy who has to work out how somethings been made.... And why.
I read 'everything' especially fantasy and fortyish years ago wore out my copy of The Hobbit.

I came here because I like the commitment you folks show and also I love the aesthetic that you have created.
All debts are paid....... Nothing forgiven. Nothing forgotten.

"All Things Strive" Gd Tak 'Gar

Barron (BAH-Ron) son of Barris (BAH-Ras) AKA Barron 'Blackcap'.
Independent Fellsward, Jobber, Tinker and Traveller in Trifles
Harper
Haeropada

Re: Old skills, new direction

Post by Harper »

Welcome Ranger!
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Hail Crawesmið!
ForgeCorvus wrote: Fri Nov 12, 2021 6:43 pm the guy who has to work out how somethings been made.... And why.
One of Durins folk perhaps?
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Welcome! Sounds like you'll fit right in. :mrgreen:
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Welcome to the forum :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Mae Govannen! Welcome to the forum!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
ElenOfTheWays

Post by ElenOfTheWays »

welcome -- I just joined myself, and have been "Jacky of all Trades" myself - I am a goldsmith, engraver, woodcarver, bone/horn/antler carver, leather-worker and I do some blacksmithing ... maybe it's time for me to find folks of a like mind
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

ElenOfTheWays wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:16 pm welcome -- I just joined myself, and have been "Jacky of all Trades" myself - I am a goldsmith, engraver, woodcarver, bone/horn/antler carver, leather-worker and I do some blacksmithing ... maybe it's time for me to find folks of a like mind
A warm welcome to you too Elen!

I am sorry as I usually try and greet people in Old English (Rohirric) in some sort of personal way but your admirable skill set is making that a wee bit harder than the usual. I will see what I can come up with :mrgreen:
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.