Hello everyone!

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Togon
Dúnadan

Hello everyone!

Post by Togon »

Mae govannen! I am Togon from Belfelas. Former soldier of Gondor, I've taken up rangering around the White Mountains.

For reals though, I've been looking for ways to get out and go on adventures again for a while. I love Tolkien's world and when I found this forum, I felt it gave me the 'little nudge out the door' I needed. I feel like I have found my place.
‘If by your carelessness you wish to do our enemies work then you may as well carry one of his brands’
Eofor
Haeropada

Re: Hello everyone!

Post by Eofor »

Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the forums Togon, I hope your stay here is fruitful.

The white mountains are beautiful this time of the year are they not?
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Mae govannen! I think you will find there are many of us here that share the sentiment that this is the place for them. Looking forward to seeing you around these halls.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Welcome!
Frodo lives!
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Welcome Ranger!
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Welcome! You have, indeed, come to the right place.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Jack
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Jack »

Welcome Togon!
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Tom_Ranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Tom_Ranger »

Welcome Ranger.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Cortharyn
Wayfarer

Post by Cortharyn »

Wrlcome. I just found this place as well. It's amazing to find this wealth of information.
I am the weapon
Togon
Dúnadan

Post by Togon »

Eofor wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:31 am Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the forums Togon, I hope your stay here is fruitful.

They are! But not really too white this time of year. Southern Gondor is hot!
Cortharyn wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:39 am Wrlcome. I just found this place as well. It's amazing to find this wealth of information.
Ain't that the truth? I've been reading this site nonstop. I'm used to hiking around and packing like an infantryman (I was a POG, but still) but now I'm learning as a ranger. Its a bit different but worth it when I could show the halflings things like how to make a fire or the basics of tracking
‘If by your carelessness you wish to do our enemies work then you may as well carry one of his brands’
Erfaron
Dúnadan

Post by Erfaron »

Togon wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 2:15 am
Eofor wrote: Tue Jun 14, 2022 7:31 am Allow me to be the first to welcome you to the forums Togon, I hope your stay here is fruitful.

They are! But not really too white this time of year. Southern Gondor is hot!
Cortharyn wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:39 am Wrlcome. I just found this place as well. It's amazing to find this wealth of information.
Ain't that the truth? I've been reading this site nonstop. I'm used to hiking around and packing like an infantryman (I was a POG, but still) but now I'm learning as a ranger. Its a bit different but worth it when I could show the halflings things like how to make a fire or the basics of tracking
I also hail from the southern lands, welcome and stay hydrated!
"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go." -Gandalf, Chapter 7, The Hobbit
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Welcome Ranger :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Welcome!!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Desert Loon
Dúnadan

Post by Desert Loon »

Lovely White Mountains, they stretch such a vast distance. It's a hot summer here in Lebennin and I'm pining for the heights. Welcome!
Glory be to God for dappled things
And áll trádes, their gear and tackle and trim. (Hopkins)