2016 Ranger HEMA classes and poll

Western(esse) Martial Arts / Numenorean Martial Arts....

Combat and self-defense in Middle-earth

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

What class comes first?

Poll ended at Sun Apr 03, 2016 12:57 am

Longsword
31%
Sword and Buckler
46%
Quarterstaff
23%

Total votes: 13
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: 2016 Ranger HEMA classes and poll

Post by Ringulf »

I used to have a bunch of different sized sword wasters, but I left them up north when I came down to Southern Ithilian! I do have a Cold Steel Poly prope longsword. That should do fairly well.
I got my son the buckler a few years ago, I can always borrow it back or use my Greenman buckler for practice. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

Sorry for the delay folks, the polls are now closed. Sword and buckler is the winner! Recent crisis at my job is going to see me on an impromptu night shift for several weeks so I'll be pushing back the start date to the first week of May.
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

This will be interesting. I'm looking forward to reading this thread.

For anyone in the NY metro area, or just passing through, that'd like to train for a day, my group is rather large now and we'll most likely be opening a trick and mortar school in the very near future. You're all welcome to come on down, especially while its still pretty much free.

I'd be happy to share research my group has done on Longsword, Spear, Dagger, and Sword and Buckler in this thread as well. You've only to ask. My group is the Long Island Historical Fencing Society, by the way.
Winter is coming