Small-Scale Community Media Project

For discussion of Dunedain culture, what it might have looked like and how it worked.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Small-Scale Community Media Project

Post by Greg »

No worries...whenever you can.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Quick update:

I didn't mention this the other day, but I've just been working on some of the footage I have, and a quick little part I was tweaking today looks really cool, and needs a bit more from you. I would LOVE to be able to have another half-dozen of you shown shooting a bow, preferably dressed. All I need is you drawing and releasing once, and maybe reaching for another. Not difficult, wouldn't take long, and the end result will look awesome...sooooo pitch in!
Eothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Eothain »

I will definitely try to Sunday afternoon! If not I have a free day Monday.
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Sweet! Looking forward to seeing it!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

It might have to be after the crazy snow melts off, but then I'm totally in for taking some archery shots!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Rifter
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Rifter »

Yeah were pretty snowed in here currently and I don't have winter gear so mine may have to wait till spring or summer but getting some images or vids should be doable
'Just because I don't like to fight...doesn't mean I can't'
Greg

Post by Greg »

Spring has sprung in most places...anyone had a chance to run out and get some footage? I've been having a good deal of fun working on this (just dug out some old hawking footage with Dusty from two seasons back) but I'm running out of material. Keep 'em coming, folks! Thanks again to those who recently contributed!
Ursus
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Ursus »

I have big plans for this still but as my daughter could be born any day now much of my spare time has been spent doing baby showers and assembling the hoard of baby furniture that comes with. I'm hoping to use some of my time off after the birth to film a few things.
"Lonely men are we, Rangers of the wild, hunters – but hunters ever of the servants of the Enemy."

“My cuts, short or long, don’t go wrong.”
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Sadly, my spare time to do ranger-y things has not expanded in the last several months. Rather the opposite really. But I hope to make it more of a priority this year, if I can manage it. Of course, wedding planning is taking precedence at the moment, so it may be a struggle.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Greg

Post by Greg »

Does ANYONE, on a slim chance, remember and have a copy of the video clip Andy posted on his website shortly before it went down of Andy shooting directly at the camera, showing arrows stuck in a target directly below the camera?

Worth an ask, anyway. I have the other video clip he posted...but not that one.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Alas, it looks like no one around here has that footage (or so I'll take it from the complete silence on the matter), but this is a good thread, and worthy of reviving! I hope the videos I sent you earlier help with your project! I can't wait to see it when you're finally able to put it all together, and I hope there are others around here who can contribute soon! I will likely have some more to contribute, myself, around the end of February, as I am planning a small group day-hike, and then even more once I do my overnighter again in the summer.
Greg

Post by Greg »

Thanks again for all those clips last night. Really starting to come together.
Greg

Post by Greg »

This might be a good time to mention that, over the past week, a fresh flood of new footage from a few forum members has rolled in, and there is (finally) an end in sight. A few favors have been called in, and I have several people working on recording a voiceover narration for the final product, and I'm darned close to finishing cutting together the visuals.

That being said...it's not full! I still need some more from you!

Any clips you might have of crafts, skills, hiking, or weapons use/hunting in your gear would still be more than welcome. Even clips so short as one or two seconds are useful. I've got Eric digging up some forging footage still, but I have a few holes I still need to fill.

Particular specifics that I need, in addition to anything else you can provide as listed above would be:

- Drawing weapons. Just two seconds of pulling out a sword/axe/arrow/what-have-you. Don't need to be an actor to do this.
- Cutting. If you backyard cut, I want it.

Remember, this is going to turn into a tool we can use to quickly and easily explain to interested (and appropriate) persons what this forum is about, so we want to show the best we can manage.

Side note: I think this is the slowest-progressing thread in the history of threads. Page 3 in 5 years. *whew*
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Ringulf wrote:I know you asked me for some throwing vid, I will give it another go as the stuff from Thanksgiving was not very good. I really wish I had a better camera for the task.
I just reviewed this post and I wanted to let you know that I did get a nice little video recorder that can take up to 60 minutes at a time. I used it at the South Eastern Moot and I am sure you caught some of our silliness, but now that I can use it a bit better I will get back on this for you. (if it is still wanted, I am not sure where you are on the project) Some carving, leather work or even some horn/bone or antler work could be fun too. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Greg

Post by Greg »

Still interested. Have some other folks that have promised some eventual footage. Remember, the more this is delayed, the higher quality the eventual outcome will be. The footage I began collecting 6+ years ago can't hardly hold a candle to where we are with kits and research now, so keep it coming!