White tail antler

Something you can't find? Take a look here.

Moderator: Eric C

Eric C
Vendor

White tail antler

Post by Eric C »

Hi all,
Back around Christmas time I posted a knife on my FB page. The brother of a high school classmate saw it and fell in love! Alas it was a commission, so it was not to be :( . Anyway, she - the classmate - commissioned me to make him a knife and it would be her Christmas gift to him. Turns out he really wants one with an antler handle like the one I posted. I don't have any larger antler like I need for the handle of that kind of knife.

So, here's the request, Does any of the ranger brethren - or sistren :lol: - have any extra antler of a larger size they are willing to part with? The forge is pretty strapped for cash - as usual - but maybe we can work out a reasonable trade? Let me know.

Cheers,

Angarth/Eric C
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: White tail antler

Post by Ringulf »

Tell or send me the size you are looking for or a picture of what you are after, I have some extra after procuring some for Gondian's twin seax knives, I could send it up with the aventail. :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Cool! I'll be posting a couple of pics of knives I finished today. You will see the antler on one of them. At the skull, where I cut it is close to 1 5/16" across. Also, I've fiddled around with our little project. Haven't done anything serious toward it yet though. I'll get you updated on it very soon.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

I will be back in SC in April. I know I have some antler hanging around. I will get you pics if you don't have what you need by then.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

E.MacKermak wrote:I will be back in SC in April. I know I have some antler hanging around. I will get you pics if you don't have what you need by then.
Okay, thanks! I'll look forward to seeing what you've got if I don't have it by then.