KY, S. OH, S. IN Rangers?

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

Cinead
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

KY, S. OH, S. IN Rangers?

Post by Cinead »

Any rangers from KY, S. OH, S. IN?

If so would anyone be interested in a trek/hunt this fall when the weathers cools?

I want to make it as "authentic" as possible....and create a list of acceptable items....like John Curry (18thC guru) does on his hosted treks.
Here I stand...unbowed, unbent, unbroken.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: KY, S. OH, S. IN Rangers?

Post by Greg »

I'll be hosting something in Indiana in late November, most likely. With the sort of folks that have attended in the past, we could easily make a list of acceptable items without offending anyone. I'm sure JBook and Odigan wouldn't have a problem with some authenticity requirements. *chuckles* I'd probably be the most hard-pressed to keep up! What sort of requirements did you have in mind? Specific cookware, no modern tents/tie-downs, and no matches? Or did you have some more strict ideas in mind, like specific-era clothing, etc? I'd assume the former over the latter, since Middle Earth is so diverse in clothing (I can almost guarantee that JBook, for example, would come in a Dale or Hobbit kit, which lines up in zero places with rangers, etc.)

Did you have a locale in mind? I've got a new location very close to where the past Indymoots have been held that could serve our purposes, provide the water sources and terrain necessary to be successful, and provide permission to carry as far as weapons are concerned.

Gondian is also in the area and we might be able to suck him into an event, as well as possibly getting Dwayne Davis involved. A solid turnout is entirely possible here in the Midwest. Perhaps we should get a planning thread going now...*scratches head...goes to post*
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Cinead
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Cinead »

I am going to get started on a list of "appropriate period" items......with modern NECESSITIES taken into consideration....such as a water filter and a (very) concealed modern survival packet that will allow for a cell phone.
Here I stand...unbowed, unbent, unbroken.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I'm fine with that. Participants should pass a visual inspection...not a dig-through.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.