A guide I made on the Dagorhir forums

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Nemo of Calh
Dúnadan

A guide I made on the Dagorhir forums

Post by Nemo of Calh »

Since there's been a push to get better garb in Dagorhir recently, I decided to write a guide on what I feel is necessary to look like a Ranger. Check it out and let me know what you guys think.

http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.ph ... 870.0.html

Note: it's not Tolkien-specific, but then again, neither is my character. . .
"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: A guide I made on the Dagorhir forums

Post by Ringulf »

Nemo!

Great job man! I am proud of you representing the ranger comunity to Dagorhir in such a clear and well thought manner!

I enjoyed the artical so much that I copied and pasted it into a word document and, with your permission, I would like to use it as a handout in my SCA group.
I lead a company of Free Rangers from my shire and the surrounding areas and we do gatherings and tournaments but I am also moving towards having us all equipped and authorised as combat archers.
Your article is very informative and inciteful and sets a great tone for what I want my men to pattern their personas' gear and garb from.

Let me know if you are cool with that and using your name and pictures and thanks for a great article!

:mrgreen: ~Ringulf
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Nemo of Calh
Dúnadan

Post by Nemo of Calh »

Wow, thanks! That means a lot coming from you. Feel free to use it, though you may want to copy and paste it again because I fixed a couple of grammatical errors and typos.
"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
BrianGrubbs
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by BrianGrubbs »

Well done sir. I'm going to read that again when I have time and give you a more in depth response, but for starters...I loved it!

Brian
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
BarrelMaker
Wayfarer

Post by BarrelMaker »

Really cool article Nemo, I definitely plan to use it while making my own garb and gear. I like the idea of using your spare clothes pouch as a pillow, do you have any more pictures of your gear somewhere on this forum? I'd really like to see what all you use.
BrianGrubbs
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by BrianGrubbs »

BarrelMaker wrote:Really cool article Nemo, I definitely plan to use it while making my own garb and gear. I like the idea of using your spare clothes pouch as a pillow, do you have any more pictures of your gear somewhere on this forum? I'd really like to see what all you use.
Nemo posted pictures of all his stuff in this thread http://www.ranger.budgetauthenticity.or ... =25&t=1641

Brian
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.