Calling All Pittsburgh/Appalachia/ Ohio Valley Dunedain!!!

So moot it be...

Moderator: Greg

appalachianranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Calling All Pittsburgh/Appalachia/ Ohio Valley Dunedain!!!

Post by appalachianranger »

I know you're out there!
Our forests here in the Appalachian region strongly resemble the Black Forest of Germany, and likewise Tolkien's Mirkwood and Fangorn Forest.
Naturally, a few of us fantasy-minded folk are sure to have sprouted from our mountainous home.
In 2013, why don't we try to arrange a few gatherings of rangers in this area?
We have a multitude of opportunities, such as the Pennsylvania Renaissance Fair near Gettysburg, the Pittsburgh Renaissance Fair near, well... Pittsburgh, and let's not forget that we have two installments of the Hobbit still ahead, playing at just about every theater.
Wouldn't you like to celebrate one last glimpse into Middle Earth on the silver screen among your fellow Middle Earth enthusiasts?
I say we take this chance to set up some line parties, perhaps arrange a weekend or two at some renaissance fairs.
Like Tolkien's Dunedain, we are scattered, but we each have some great strength to bring to the group. Imagine what could happen if we actually got together!
"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -King Solomon
Beornmann

Re: Calling All Pittsburgh/Appalachia/ Ohio Valley Dunedain!

Post by Beornmann »

I'm not interested in the Ren faire or theater line parties, but I could go for a hike, trek, or camp. Finding good spots has been troublesome as who wants "crazies" walking around with bows, axes, and swords.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I'm with Beornman. If a moot gets planned in the Ohio region, I'm in.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
dwayne davis

Post by dwayne davis »

This is somthing i have been thinking on for a while, there are quite a few of us in these parts, quite a few rangers here in the Appalachians. Im with Greg, i dont think most of us do too well at renfairs. were woods folk. maybe we all can work somthing out?
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?