Ranger fan film

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

Straelbora
Haeropada

Ranger fan film

Post by Straelbora »

I'm not sure if others on this forum are aware of this fan film, which is loosely the Luthien and Beren story, call "Ranger."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zf3Kit2V0CI
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Re: Ranger fan film

Post by Eledhwen »

That is well done.

The throwing of the sword to decide direction is rather weird.

Other things, details mostly. Bearded Elves, decidedly non-Elvish housing, etc. Minor stuff.

I would say it is inspired by Beren and Luthien, rather than a rendition of it, however loosely.

Still, it is a well done piece. Worth watching indeed.

Apparently someone is trying to do 'The Silmarillion'. I personally would love to see a movie, properly made, of the 'Children of Hurin'. Sadly, that won't happen. It should be obvious by now that my preferred periods are First and Second Age...and I adore the Silmarillion.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Eledhwen wrote:That is well done.

The throwing of the sword to decide direction is rather weird.

Other things, details mostly. Bearded Elves, decidedly non-Elvish housing, etc. Minor stuff.

I would say it is inspired by Beren and Luthien, rather than a rendition of it, however loosely.

Still, it is a well done piece. Worth watching indeed.

Apparently someone is trying to do 'The Silmarillion'. I personally would love to see a movie, properly made, of the 'Children of Hurin'. Sadly, that won't happen. It should be obvious by now that my preferred periods are First and Second Age...and I adore the Silmarillion.

Eledhwen
I know I've read about a character throwing a sword to decide which way to go, but I agree- weird, and showcased that it was a wobbly prop sword.

Yeah- a balding, curly haired paunchy Elf king with a whispy beard? Not so much.

Also- what Ranger would build a fire in the middle of a bunch of pine needles?

But overall, I agree that 'inspired by Luthien and Beren' is accurate. Nice production quality and some beautiful scenery.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

If this was Tolkien, Randir would have been a better name, and the girl in the film is gorgeous!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Very nicely done, a great little story, Tolkien or not. well worth the view thanks! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen: