The Rangers Web Series

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

ronnukem

The Rangers Web Series

Post by ronnukem »

Greetings!
My team and I are working hard on a new epic fantasy web series "The Rangers".
http://therangers.mymiddleearth.com/

Would love your support AND guidance to ensure we get this right!
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: The Rangers Web Series

Post by Mirimaran »

Hail and well met, Ron!

Welcome to the group! I am sure that we can help you with anything, just feel free to ask! I like what I have seen so far on your site, and am looking forward to the series. If I haven't gushed enough about Rise of the Fellowship, I recommend it to all Rangers and free folk :)
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1669814/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Hope to read the updates to your series soon!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

welcome to the group and if you need any help just let us know we may be able to help.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

is this where you guys are shooting http://www.dcr.virginia.gov/state-parks ... dows.shtml
If so I'm in western MD only about 2 hrs away. I have been to Front Royal many times for work and played paintball at strasburg. It would be nice to have more Rangers that close.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Not to be a stick in the mud here but.....two handed bastard sword? No such animal existed. A two handed sword is, as simply as can be put, a sword that needs two hands to be used. A Bastard sword, or hand and a half, is usually a sword that's used one handed but the grip length can accommodate two hands if need be. Bastard swords are generally much smaller than true two handed swords. You also run in to some confusion with the term longsword and bastard sword as both are pretty similar. The two handed bastard sword is purely a D&D fantasy as it defeats the entire reason the sword existed.
Winter is coming
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

mcapanelli wrote:Not to be a stick in the mud here but.....two handed bastard sword? No such animal existed. A two handed sword is, as simply as can be put, a sword that needs two hands to be used. A Bastard sword, or hand and a half, is usually a sword that's used one handed but the grip length can accommodate two hands if need be. Bastard swords are generally much smaller than true two handed swords. You also run in to some confusion with the term longsword and bastard sword as both are pretty similar. The two handed bastard sword is purely a D&D fantasy as it defeats the entire reason the sword existed.
How about a zweihander :mrgreen:
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

rangersamII wrote:

How about a zweihander :mrgreen:
A Zweihander is a dedicated two handed sword. Its came in to being around the 16th century and was used more like a pole arm then a sword. It was terrible for close combat. Usually the combatant had a short sword at his side for close quarters. It was also not carried in a sheath but was carried over the shoulder, like a pole arm.

Winter is coming
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Swing that around for a while and you're going to get a workout!
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.