Ringulf's Greenman pouch

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

Ringulf's Greenman pouch

Post by Ringulf »

I was recently given a commission for a Greenman pouch with very particular qualities, spent an exobitant amount of time on it, as it was for a very dear freind. Well sometimes one can (and by one I mean me) get lost in the project and overbuild it somewhat, but when my friend said he wanted it to look like the greenman was looking out of the leaves of his face, my creative juices started flowing. I think it turned out well but after having it a few days he returned it and said that he did not feel comfortable wearing a peice like this around (he is a very simple fellow, no darf in him at all) and said just make me one of your Bamboo quivers and we will be square (quite a bit more to the barter for a Paul Chen Practical Katana for my Son's birthday)
So Here it is and now I guess I made myself a Christmas present. I have a couple of SCA art/sci competitions coming up, perhaps The Jack in the green will show his face!

3-5oz leather all around, hard pouch lined with garment suede and slung with mystery braided strapping. The front flap that holds the face itself is made up of the backing flap and multiple layers of thin leather leaves tooled and stitched onto the backing. (but I would say you would have to look very hard to see any stitching holding the leaves on at all) The eyes are jewelry glass amber. :mrgreen:

Last edited by Ringulf on Sun Dec 06, 2015 10:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Re: Ringulf's Greanman pouch

Post by Elleth »

WOW!

That is some amazing leather work - I love it! The veining on those leaves is fantastic - and the dangly bits of leaf around the d-rings is an awesome touch!

(Also - is it just that you aren't in armor, or have you lost weight? )
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: Ringulf's Greanman pouch

Post by Ringulf »

Elleth wrote:WOW!

That is some amazing leather work - I love it! The veining on those leaves is fantastic - and the dangly bits of leaf around the d-rings is an awesome touch!

(Also - is it just that you aren't in armor, or have you lost weight? )
Dropped a couple of pants sizes on my way from over three hundred down to 277, but I am not done yet hopefully, we will see how well I do through the holidays! Going from Bombur to Nori! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: Ringulf's Greenman pouch

Post by Manveruon »

HOLY COW, SCOTT. That's some seriously gorgeous work!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: Ringulf's Greenman pouch

Post by Mirimaran »

Wowowowowowowow!

That is amazing! Great job!

:)

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"