60%
Erm... no, sorry.
40%

Total votes: 5
Eric C
Vendor

Need your help

Post by Eric C »

So today my wife and I were talking and we realized that our son will be 18 in April. REALLY!?!? Yeah, the recounts are in, he's turning 18. Some may recall that we had a big party for him when he turned 13. But now we're all still fired up about the South East Ranger Moot that just went down.

Anyway, the minimum of what I envision is this: We will be holding a ceremony that will initiate Matt (Elyon) into manhood. If people are interested, I would love to have a moot at a local state park and make a ranger event out of it. I'm hoping to have events throughout Saturday and then if there is interest, we can also have a ceremony that will initiate him into the Dunedain rangers. As far as I know, it would be the first of its kind and I think it would be very fun.

The site I'm looking at has hiking trails as well as showers and bathrooms. It used to have primitive camping. I'll check to see if they still do. I'm also interested to see if maybe we can hold demonstrations of various skills such as blacksmithing, a thrown weapons demonstration, archery etc. Maybe we could even have competitions among the rangers in the archery and thrown weapons events.

As for timing: Elyon's birthday is the Tuesday after Easter Weekend. For most of us, I think that is a 3 day weekend, but lots of family gatherings get planned for then. We could also do this the weekend after Easter. Or? Any suggestions?

So, is there any interest in having a moot, being a part of this momentous occasion and having a LOT of fun in the process?

I haven't contacted the park yet because I want to see who would want to come.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Re: Need your help

Post by Eric C »

Forgot to mention that the demonstrations would be open to the public. Who knows? This could be a good recruitment drive as well.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Can I say, "No, sorry" without the 'erm?' It's a matter of geography, not intent, that would prevent me from attending.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Heheh.. Yeah sure. I understand the geography issue. I really wanted to get to the Indiana moot, but finances were against us.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Are you still considering trying to put something together? I just thought about it while contemplating scheduling a spring overnighter with my local group.
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Well, this has kind of fallen apart on my end. We will probably do something at the Southeastern Ranger Moot. That is if I talk to Erich and get his approval.
Taurinor
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Taurinor »

Alright, just wanted to see where everything stood. Thanks!
- Ned Houndswood, Breelander
Richmond Fantasy-Inspired Hiking and Camping (on WordPress and Facebook)