Knife makers wanted

Something you can't find? Take a look here.

Moderator: Eric C

RangerSamII

Knife makers wanted

Post by RangerSamII »

A friend of mine has asked me to use my resources to find someone that can make replacement blades for a Stanley pocket knife/utility knife that they no longer produce. He is willing to pay for the blades of course. From what I saw they don't look too complicated and he has also offered to mail one to tear apart and mimic it.
Alethanir

Re: Knife makers wanted

Post by Alethanir »

Hi there,

I am no knife maker but I do live near a couple of shops that sell old tools and the like, including some rather odd things.

If you have any pictures (and if possible a description) I can go and have a ferret about see if there's anything to be found.

I'm quite new here and I live in England but you never know.
Daerir
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Daerir »

here is what the whole thing looks like. I only need the blade part however. he is willing to mail one of his to disassemble and learn how its made
An archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong
~Halt, Ranger's Apprentice
Alethanir

Post by Alethanir »

Well I can certainly have a look, I would tell him not to bother sending one as though I probably could make one it almost certainly be of a high enough quality. Let me do some digging first...