A new Dunedain sister (knife pics)

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Re: A new Dunedain sister (knife pics)

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Listening to both of you, discuss making big blades has got me thinking...I'm currently cutlering, belting and scabbarding a sword...If either of you start offering bare sword blades in the future I would definitely be interested. I'm primarily interested in Type X, Xa, XII, and XIIa... keep me in mind.

as far as anvils I use a railroad track thats a shade over 20" long, I have a peice of crap double horned anvil but I just use the horns, I've also got a flat peice of steel about 2" thick by 7-8" wide and a shade over a foot long I use sometimes...this thing began life as a tractor hitch, but it serves the purpose, considering my forge is now simply a hole in the ground with buried pipe and a hairdryer, my fine selection of "anvils" adds to the rustic charm of my "shop" :lol:
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Will do, though it could be a while. As for anvils, if it works, don't worry about it. That's the beauty of a blacksmith, making something work out of something totally different, or out of what others would consider trash.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Waugh23

Post by Waugh23 »

I have read this post and all that content are nice. I have read that all and i like that most. I like to say that there is information is helpful for all.thanks for this.