MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

redhandfilms
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: MERF Random Adventure Pictures

Post by redhandfilms »

Walking into a corporate office in this is one of the scariest treks I've ever taken. Happy Halloween!
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Ha - that's great! Happy Halloween!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Nice :P I work at a factory and have to wear safety clothing so I can never do that sort of thing, I walked round town dressed as a witch last night tho, should have got some photo's but Alas, I forgot

Happy Halloween :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

A Ranger venturing deep into the territory of Mordor, I see. A brave soul.

Hah, well done. Always fun to see folks with their kit out and about even if it isn't quite appropriate to the environment. Hope you had fun and your co-workers recognized your outfit!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
redhandfilms

Post by redhandfilms »

Cimrandir wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 6:21 pm Hope you had fun and your co-workers recognized your outfit!
One person asked if I was a Jedi and another called me Legolas...
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

redhandfilms wrote: Tue Nov 01, 2022 8:01 pm One person asked if I was a Jedi and another called me Legolas...
Legolas I can sort of see, but I'm not sure about Jedi LOL
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
redhandfilms

Post by redhandfilms »

Legolas... I did have my bow and quiver full of arrows. They see that and a green cloak and that's all they can think. A lot of people can't understand dress the idea of a costume being from something without being a specific character. They corrected to Aragorn. Close enough, they don't need the real explanation.
As for the Jedi, I said I was a Middle Earth Ranger. "What's that from?"
"Lord of the Rings"
She replied, "Oh, well I've never seen any of THOSE films of Star Wars or anything."
My polite response was "Well, you're missing out." when what I really wanted to say was "Please go away. We're never going to be friends and really don't need to ever talk outside of things directly related to work."
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

redhandfilms wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:27 pm She replied, "Oh, well I've never seen any of THOSE films of Star Wars or anything."
My polite response was "Well, you're missing out." when what I really wanted to say was "Please go away. We're never going to be friends and really don't need to ever talk outside of things directly related to work."
I relate to this feeling, but maybe she will go away and watch some movies, you never know :P
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

redhandfilms wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:27 pm Legolas... I did have my bow and quiver full of arrows. They see that and a green cloak and that's all they can think. A lot of people can't understand dress the idea of a costume being from something without being a specific character. They corrected to Aragorn. Close enough, they don't need the real explanation.
"Lord of the Rings"
She replied, "Oh, well I've never seen any of THOSE films of Star Wars or anything."
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It’s funny you should mention this, because the last time I was out and about with folks in full kit (when we did the visit to the Breckenridge Troll, incidentally), there was a kid in the parking lot incessantly yelling, “Look! Star Wars! Star Wars! Look! People dressed as Star Wars!”
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Thalion of Bree
Dúnadan

Post by Thalion of Bree »

redhandfilms wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 4:27 pm Legolas... I did have my bow and quiver full of arrows. They see that and a green cloak and that's all they can think. A lot of people can't understand dress the idea of a costume being from something without being a specific character. They corrected to Aragorn. Close enough, they don't need the real explanation.
"Lord of the Rings"
Man, you need to come work at a museum. I showed up with my cloak and hood for a rainy day and now every single one of my coworkers wants one!
-Thalion, Thontaur's son
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Manveruon wrote: Wed Nov 02, 2022 8:23 pm It’s funny you should mention this, because the last time I was out and about with folks in full kit (when we did the visit to the Breckenridge Troll, incidentally), there was a kid in the parking lot incessantly yelling, “Look! Star Wars! Star Wars! Look! People dressed as Star Wars!”
Did you beat the wretched urchin? Eofor would have!
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
redhandfilms

Post by redhandfilms »

This may be a bit too modern. Haha.
My cloak and leather wrap gauntlets go great with modern hunting gear. Not just worn for a picture. I’ve been hunting all afternoon in this and will again tomorrow morning.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Nice! Nothing beats honest use. :mrgreen:

Best of luck on your hunt!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Awesome!
Frodo lives!
Tom_Ranger

Post by Tom_Ranger »

redhandfilms wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:16 am This may be a bit too modern. Haha.
My cloak and leather wrap gauntlets go great with modern hunting gear. Not just worn for a picture. I’ve been hunting all afternoon in this and will again tomorrow morning.
I personally always mix the old and the new. It's not so much that I want to adopt the new to a LOTR character or age, as it is I want to adapt the old technology to the modern times. Much of the old ways is simpler and frankly just better.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.