Leather Wrap Gaunlets.

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Jack
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Leather Wrap Gaunlets.

Post by Jack »

Iodo wrote: Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:36 pm
No, not me. He was testing out some gear during covid when cons and LARP's were banned. When I first heard about it it seemed like a funny scenario (and it kind of is) but honestly it was no joke. The police had pointed loaded weapons at him and said "put the sword on the floor" and he had done as he was told so they were happy, but if for any reason he hadn't he was in a very real danger of getting shot. That and another incident at around the same time where a whole family got arrested for having a bushcraft knife and a children's bow and arrow set in a forest, when they were having a picnic + teaching there children some survival skills made me very nervous of going out in kit for quite a while
bit of a sad state of affairs im sorry you have to contend with that kind of thing over there... but im sure the ring helps lol
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Iodo
Thangailhir

Re: Leather Wrap Gaunlets.

Post by Iodo »

Jack wrote: Thu Nov 24, 2022 4:36 am ... but im sure the ring helps lol
yep, the ring helps :mrgreen:
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.