New Aussie Ranger

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Aranor

New Aussie Ranger

Post by Aranor »

Mae Govannen!

Allow me to introduce myself to you fellow rangers, I am Aranor, a completely new ranger from Australia. NSW to be precise.

Ive been a long time reader of this forum, looking at ideas and reading advice on how to get started in the world of being a ranger. I recently joined as a member to meet and chat with rangers who are also in Australia, to perhaps eventually go out and go trekking in the wilderness and capturing the very essence of what It is to be a ranger, be it by myself or with others!

I am currently putting a kit together so it may be some time before I venture out the door into the wild, any tips or info would greatly help especially some that are specific to the type of terrain/environment here in Australia. and perhaps where the best places to go are that a reminiscent of middle earth?

I look forward to sharing many adventures with you fellow rangers.

- Aranor
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Re: New Aussie Ranger

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Welcome!
Frodo lives!
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Welcome. Not too many Rangers from Down Under, there are a few though!
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Welcome Ranger!
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Always nice to welcome another antipodean to the forums. We've chatted via PM of course but I thought I should make a public greeting as well.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Aranor

Post by Aranor »

Thank you for the warm welcome fellow rangers, I look forward to seeing us all out there!
TheSmallGaul
Wayfarer

Post by TheSmallGaul »

Greetings and well met from a fellow newcomer! Glad to see I wasn't the only one who decided to dive in and make an account! Hope to see you in the forums my friend!
“A very good tale! The best I have heard for a long while. If all beggars could tell such a good one, they might find me kinder.”
----
Persona: Darnmund, Beorning Shepherd of the Vales c. TA 2985
Eothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Eothain »

Greetings Aranor! Welcome!
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Mae govannen! Welcome to the forum. I hope your stay is long and fruitful!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Welcome ranger :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.