Tomas Hijo art

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eofor
Haeropada

Tomas Hijo art

Post by Eofor »

I'll just preface this by saying that I don't believe in or go in for tarot cards or readings buuuuut......

One of my favourite Tolkien artists is Tomas Hijo and he has just released this deck featuring all of his beautiful woodblock/linoprint art. I purchased a copy with the intent of framing some of the cards as smaller artworks and it arrived today.
Gosh it is just a beautiful thing and I had to share some.

Even the box art is grand

But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Gulli
Dúnadan

Re: Tomas Hijo art

Post by Gulli »

I have them too, they are grand. My walls are also covered by his prints and paintings. Currently have 13 of them. Very cool guy personally too. Really recommend supporting him
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Gulli wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 10:11 pm I have them too, they are grand. My walls are also covered by his prints and paintings. Currently have 13 of them. Very cool guy personally too. Really recommend supporting him
Mine too! Though I only have three. I tried to get a print of one of his older works 'dragonslayer' to accompany the seax you made me but sadly he never got back to me.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Wow!
Frodo lives!
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Oh wow, those are just STUNNING!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Dang, and here I just bought a themed tarot deck. Looks like I might have to pick up another even though, as you say, I'm not much a believer in that sort of thing.

What beautiful art! Thank you for posting this!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

oooo.... I like those, those are nice :P

fun fact: originally Sabacc was designed to be played with a tarot deck
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.