Some new stuff going on with Christian Fletcher...

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Some new stuff going on with Christian Fletcher...

Post by Greg »

Not only is Christian offering Albion blades again, as it appears on his website (http://www.christianfletcher.com), he also has a new "Design your own scabbard" tool which looks like a neat way to go about things, especially if you want something custom but relatively simple. If you're looking for the more fancy custom stuff that he does, it'd probably be better to just do a custom the normal way, via email.

http://www.christianfletcher.com/Christ ... bbard.html

I especially like it because it's easy to, at a glance, get a ballpark estimate on what getting a CF scabbard made might cost you.
Last edited by Greg on Sun Nov 07, 2010 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Re: Some new stuff going on with Christian Fletcher...

Post by Willrett »

And the Gondorian tree is an option for an embossed design.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I ranger blade. It has the tree of Gondor on it.

http://www.christianfletcher.com/Christ ... watch.html
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

The Borderwatch has been a blade style Christian's worked on for quite awhile, Will, but it's certainly a cool blade. Mike Capanelli had one for quite awhile, though he had a custom tritonworks scabbard made which included the United Cutlery Strider byknife. It was a pretty sweet setup; you might've seen it in a pic at some point here on the forum.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

It was a nice kit, but times change. This one looks to be a little more neutral in handling then mine was, which is something I never understood because the Crecy it was based on was such a nice handling blade. I guess the mass of the old Borderwatch pommel wasn't as much as the crecy. This one appears to be better balanced, but there's still that "long sword in the woods" that made me move away from longer blades for rangering in the first place.
Winter is coming