any thoughts

Western(esse) Martial Arts / Numenorean Martial Arts....

Combat and self-defense in Middle-earth

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

dwayne davis
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: any thoughts

Post by dwayne davis »

"Axemurderer"]Do not sell pool noodles short. True they are less damaging the some other things. But they are also quite difficult to cut correctly, due to the amount of give. They are excelent in showning you just how good or bad your blade angle is. Just getting through the target does not mean you have cut well.

Mike
PS: Remember that backyard cutting is no test of sword or swordsman. It is fun as hell, I love to cut. no matter how good you cut, A sword does not cut armour, helms, machine gun barrels, or other swords. it cuts soft targets only! "

No back yard cutting is no test in and of its self of a swordsman, ( and i would mutch rather botch a cut on a poole noodle than and 8 inch tatami mat or a 3-4 inch peice of bamboo.) but it is an invaluable part of overall training, just as is pell work, sparring and practice drills. remember a sword is a cutting weapon and all the drilling and sparing in the world wont be worth much if youve never actually cut anything but we have gotten off subject, i origonally just wanted to know if any one had experience with the tinker norman :P ( not that i dont enjoy a good debate mind you, but i think thats best done over beer and food :) )
Not all who are old are wise, not all who are young are fools
Where now is the horse and rider? where is the horn that was blowing?
Duathen
Dúnadan

Post by Duathen »

Peter Remling wrote:As this line was discussed and I just saw this, I thought I'd post it for anyone interested:

http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=23063
Whoa! Nice find!
dwayne davis

Post by dwayne davis »

Yeah albions are nice, especialy at the price point. i love myarmory there is allot of good information there to be had. i did find more information to my origonal question there too. http://www.myarmoury.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=17436.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

jolromir wrote: remember a sword is a cutting weapon and all the drilling and sparing in the world wont be worth much if youve never actually cut anything but we have gotten off subject, i origonally just wanted to know if any one had experience with the tinker norman :P ( not that i dont enjoy a good debate mind you, but i think thats best done over beer and food :) )

you expected any of us to stay on topic, we are three pages in I'm kinda surprised that swords are even still be talked about :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
dwayne davis

Post by dwayne davis »

roflmao this is true :lol: :lol: oh well never mind, still need food and beer.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I just look at all the post and Greg hasn't posted in awhile which explains still be kinda on topic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Willrett wrote:I just look at all the post and Greg hasn't posted in awhile which explains still be kinda on topic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P
GREG!!!??? :shock: :shock: I thought Pete and I were the primary hijackers around here! :lol: But this one's on you. :P
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

I don't hijack, I just influence the thread in the correct direction, mine!

I believe most of you can benefit by my superior intelligence, good looks and sense of humor. Did I mention humility ?, that too. !

:)
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Right, Khan. Yours is the superior intellect. ;)

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Eledhwen wrote:Right, Khan. Yours is the superior intellect. ;)

Eledhwen
"Round the Antares Nebula and through Perdition's Flame." :wink:
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Eric C wrote:
Willrett wrote:I just look at all the post and Greg hasn't posted in awhile which explains still be kinda on topic :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :P :P
GREG!!!??? :shock: :shock: I thought Pete and I were the primary hijackers around here! :lol: But this one's on you. :P
Pinecones can be excellent cutting targets when mounted on old engine blocks covered in smashed bananas. Especially when lit aflame using sesame seeds, one can acquire a more flavorful stew by adding plenty of rearview mirrors, designer purses stuffed with small rodents, and the occasional computer mouse to add some color and texture. Final balancing can then be achieved through heating to ~1500 degrees inside an icebox, at which point complete enlightenment is reached.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
dwayne davis

Post by dwayne davis »

Hey what kind of rodents are you uesing? i tried guena pigs but they are way to lumpy. and a water bed is wayyy better than an engin block. and every one i mean every one knows the only way to reach enlightenment is to wrap aluminum foil around youre head, then put youre head in a microwave for twenty seconds. while squeezing a pomagranite in each hand.:P
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

jolromir wrote:Hey what kind of rodents are you uesing? i tried guena pigs but they are way to lumpy. and a water bed is wayyy better than an engin block. and every one i mean every one knows the only way to reach enlightenment is to wrap aluminum foil around youre head, then put youre head in a microwave for twenty seconds. while squeezing a pomagranite in each hand.:P
I believe you're mistaking "On Lightiningment" with Enlightenment. Everyone knows the true path to Enlightenment is by following the example of me.

Have a great day as my work is done here and this thread has not only been hijacked but derailed with a significant loss of time, capitol and life!

TTFN!
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I was just trying pull some into doing it figured greg would be a good choice. And guess what my plan worked kinda.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I only humored you because the discussion had pretty much come full circle, and everyone seems to have arrived at the same conclusion: Albion wins, and Valiant's line is also an excellent choice because of the scabbard bonus alone, not to mention other things.

In short, I are pant, and the bananas must be squeezed lest they melt onto the floor, causing hair to grow which then need be shaved with a toothpick.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.