Falcata

A central place to talk about weapons and armour, as it relates to your kit. This is where you show it of or talk about making it. Discussing the relative merits of types of weapons goes in the WMA section.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: Falcata

Post by Mirimaran »

Gareth wrote:
Mirimaran wrote:Yup Gareth those would fit the bill nicely. Atlanta Cutlery has a few inexpensive examples of kinjals and qamas that would be great to carry as part of your equipment. I like long knives quite a bit myself.
Where did you find the reference to the blades that the Dunadain carry? I don't have access to any of my books right now.
Unfinished Tales, The Third Age, The Disaster of the Gladden Fields

http://tolkien.cro.net/talesong/utfa.html
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Gareth
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Gareth »

Last edited by Gareth on Thu Dec 17, 2009 5:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Sounds rather like a gladius. Shortswords. Excellent. I like shortswords. :)

Siani
Nandalad!
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Having a reference like that to work with and base ones equipment on is invaluable, IMO.

I think we should start a thread that references Tolkien's descriptions of actual equipment.

Mirimaran, I choose you!

~G
Democracy. Yah. :lol:

Lemme see what I can do...
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"