Dunedain Star Brooch orders

For the buying & selling of Ranger Related items.

Moderator: caedmon

E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Dunedain Star Brooch orders

Post by E.MacKermak »

OK...Last call for orders for this shipment. He is going to go to forge this month and will have them for us shortly after. I need to give him a solid count for this first order. There is no problem ordering more later, but be aware he doesn't do this full time so it could be a little delay with each order based on when he is going to hit the forge.
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Okay instead of the one steel, make it two for me.

If you need any upfront money let me know.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Make it two bronze for me.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Did you folks find a reference to the metal type indicating rank, or is it a personal preference? If it is an asthetic choice, I will go for three bronze. if it is based on rank please let me know, as I would not want to assume a particular station untested!
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Jonathan B.
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jonathan B. »

Ringulf: it's just the metals that this particular gentleman works in. The description from the source material is of a silver star.Some will take the bronze and silver plate it some will use as is and some have opted for stainless steel.

Having said that Peter or another mod should move both of our posts to this thread http://www.ranger.budgetauthenticity.or ... p?f=7&t=21 so as not to clutter up this order thread.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Jonathan B. wrote:Ringulf: it's just the metals that this particular gentleman works in. The description from the source material is of a silver star.Some will take the bronze and silver plate it some will use as is and some have opted for stainless steel.

Having said that Peter or another mod should move both of our posts to this thread http://www.ranger.budgetauthenticity.or ... p?f=7&t=21 so as not to clutter up this order thread.
Jonathan, you're such a spoil sport. I could have had a great deal of fun coming up with ranks and corresponding materials. :D :D
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

LOL you would have had me steppin and fetchin Pete!

I was thinking though that as Ringulf is of mixed blood and not a Dunadain he would do the bronze star.

OK so one bronze and two stainless will be better for me, thanks and sorry for the confusion.
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
appalachianranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by appalachianranger »

So what's the latest with the brooches?
I notice it has been a little while since anything has been said.
Everything still going well?
"As iron sharpens iron, so a friend sharpens a friend." -King Solomon
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

He and Erich have been in contact on FB.. I believe he got the mold done.. just need to start making them now.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Post by E.MacKermak »

Yeah, meant to give you guys the update: got a note from him on FB. Main mold is done, should start casting shortly. Looks like there will be a few extra cast as he is casting in full dozens so I might have a few extra laying around. No pics yet, but he should send a pick of the first casting. Thanks for the patience guys (and gals).
Still round the corner there may wait a new road or a secret gate and though I oft have passed them by a day will come at last when I shall take the hidden paths that run west of the moon, east of the sun.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Looking forward to seeing them! As before, I'm sticking with one stainless for now. Unlike the rest of my kit, I'm planning on doing a bit of artificial aging to mine, and have been toying around with some pieces of stainless I have lying around. Can't wait to get my paws on one!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
theowl
Vendor

Post by theowl »

Is it too late to order one of these?
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

I pmed you.. :)
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
E.MacKermak
Amrod Rhandir

Re: Dunedain Star Brooch orders - UPDATE

Post by E.MacKermak »

OK...just got an e-mail from the gentlemen making the brooches. After some delays, he is picking them up from the foundry today and will be doing the final clean up and polishing this week, then they should be in the mail. Cost is $20 per brooch as quoted. Right now it does not look like he is charging us any kind of set up fees, but I am confirming that. So it looks like now is the time to start sending the money. Primary method is PayPal to mystique<at>phulesgold<dot>com. I believe the folks without PayPal have the address for sending a money order. If not, shoot me a PM again and I will send it. Thanks for the patience on this one folks.

Pics should be forthcoming soon.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Sent

Eledhwen
Nandalad!