Went to the Faire today

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Went to the Faire today

Post by Peter Remling »

We went to the NY Renfaire today, met 2 of my brothers and their families. I got there early but waited for them to show up. By the time we got in it was almost 11 and the site opened at 10.

Right before 1 it started to pour so the pic attached shows some throughly wet fairegoers.

The first pics shows Jessie, Cheryl and myself (my wife took the picture)

The second pic shows Left to right (back row, my nephew Zack,brother Jeff, me, my wife Joanne, Jenn my niece with her boyfriend also Zack and my brother Mike) (Front row left to right my niece Honerette in the red long gown, my daughter Cheryl, my niece Sara, and my daughter Jessie) Mike's wife Diane took the shot and my other Sister in law Dya is apparently in hiding.)

Didn't see much, even during the shot 45 minutes after the downpour it was still raining. Will try to give it another shot later this month.
Attachments
001.JPG
001.JPG (64.07 KiB) Viewed 12998 times
007.JPG
007.JPG (79.82 KiB) Viewed 12998 times
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: Went to the Faire today

Post by Mirimaran »

Great pics and it looks like fun was had by all! Great way to represent, Peter!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

great pics nothing better then seeing the whole family involved.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Pete, is that maille bronze, or did you lose a battle with rust?

Great that you got the whole gang together!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

I misplaced it, on the basement floor behind a door. If you think it's bad in the pic you should have seen it before I invested a few hours in cleaning. Time constraints prevented me from completing it before the event. Long way to go before it's finished.

My brother Mike's splint armor had a wardrobe malfunction so the maille vest he's wearing is mine also. Even with the rust on my primary maille, I'm stiil ready for a Zombie Invasion or Orcs.
GreyWatcher
Wayfarer

Post by GreyWatcher »

Does everyone in your family have a sword ?
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

GreyWatcher wrote:Does everyone in your family have a sword ?

Almost, the sword my nephew Zack is wearing is a Darksword Armory single hander, Jeff isn't wearing one, but he has a converted Windlass Qama I made for him 20 years ago, I own around 15 users, my wife (wearing a Windlass cutlass in the pic) doesn't own any but one of my Atrims is perfect for her (when the Zombies attack) next to her are my niece Jenn and her boyfriend Zack, neither own one but Jenn is wearing a dagger and Zack is wearing Mike's Del Tin Warsword, Mike is wearing a falchion (I believe, he changed blades during the day) Mike has about as many swords as I do. Across the front( L to R) Honerette no sword, Cheryl no sword and Jess owns two swords (the stainless cutlass she is wearing and a discontinued Windlass Falchion with a bone grip carved in the likeness of a lion's head.

So while not everyone owns a sword we have enough to go around about twice. Then there's the spears, axes, flails, javelins, knives, daggers, a few assorted others and even a few seige engines.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

OH great pics!!!

A whole family of geeks.. FANTASTIC!! hehe I don't think I could ever get my brother or sister into garb.. ok, my sister MAYBE but my brother.. nah!!

My sister had seen an SCA event at a park once when she went up to NH to visit my niece a few years ago. She had asked me if that is what we did. hehe She thought it was cool.

Nice to put a face to the name Peter!! :P
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Actually my two sister-in-laws that went to the Faire didn't get dressed in garb (this time around) although both have gone in garb before. My older brother (more into Black Powder era) lives a goodly distance away and I would have had to get several beers in him before I could get him in garb. Not impossible just expensive ! :)
Steve b
Dúnadan

Post by Steve b »

I think I saw you there, we were there all three days of Labour Day weekend. We are heading back tomorrow for final weekend, even though the weather does not look promising. Still not sure if I want to wear ranger kit or my Border Reiver kit. I did pick up a matching set of Starfire sword and dagger for the ranger kit, but it is not yet scabbarded, so that may influence the decision.

Hawk
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Hawk:

Did you end up going this weekend and if so, any pics ?
Steve b
Dúnadan

Post by Steve b »

Yes, I went Saturday, the massive rain band went out to sea and we had great weather. I wore the Border Reiver kit and everyone thought I was Spanish because I was wearing the morion. I didn't take any pics. I rarely do anymore. I find the camera to be an intrusion that makes me step out of the mindset I'm trying to get into. Any reenactment, faire, festival, whatever is a chance for me to get into the head of the persona. I'm massively into the whole persona thing and do everything I can to live the way I am kitted out.

Hawk