Turnsoles, shoes, and boots.

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Odigan
Vendor

Turnsoles, shoes, and boots.

Post by Odigan »

I have it on the recommendation of a trusted friend that Viking Leather Crafts produces some fine boots. Certainly at the listed prices, I can see little to complain about!

Their period footwear offerings:
http://www.vikingleathercrafts.com/cata ... p?cPath=42
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Turnsoles, shoes, and boots.

Post by Peter Remling »

Very nice prices and assortment !

While there check out the buckles they sell separately. They also have some calf high moc/boots for well under $200.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

Very nice footgear and excellent prices!

Pity he doesn't make larger women's sizes. Sure is excellent work though, no mistake.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

Oh we have several pairs of their shoes. My son has one pair. Hubby has 2. I don't as non of them suit me for my sca period really.

If you want another good source try Bohemond at http://www.nmia.com/~bohemond/index.html as well.

And they go up to women's 10 at least and men's 13.

Both sources shoes are sized well. I know I usually have to go larger in shoes alot when I can't get a wide width, but the Irish women's on Bohemond's I got in a 10 because of that.. well I could have gone with a 9 hehe. But I put inserts in all my period shoes anyway so the extra room works out hehe.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Wow, great links! Love the affordable buckles! Thanks for posting!

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I have ladies size 12 feet. There're a lot of us about these days...shoe makers haven't seem to have figured that out as of yet. I know a fair number of gals with larger feet than I have.

I have bohemond boots for my son, SCA boots for him, but I have to make all of my own...or wear mens..which isn't quite right shape-wise. Modern footwear...no worries..still have my size 12 pumps, Marine issue.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!