Ancient Paths Traditional Archery

Are you a craftsman, or setting setting up shop? Tell us about what you do, or offer.

Moderator: Eric C

RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: Ancient Paths Traditional Archery

Post by RangerKellen »

Thanks Ringulf! :)
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

RangerKellen wrote:I just realized the map in the background of your latest pics. What map is it?
Greetings RangerKellen in answer to your question the map is from a series of stories that I've been working on for quite some time now. It is inspired by the works of J.R.R Tolkien, C.S. Lewis, and the Arthurian(Grail) Legends. Yes there are elves, orcs, and a winged white lion, and Two children who find their way to this world through a hidden door they find in the basement of a church. I know this is not the right place for this but since the question was asked here....
Attachments
120430_0001.jpg
120430_0001.jpg (23.33 KiB) Viewed 24723 times
LOVE NOT THE BRIGHT SWORD FOR IT'S SHARPNESS OR THE ARROW FOR IT'S SWIFTNESS, BUT RATHER LOVE THAT WHICH THEY DEFEND
RangerKellen

Post by RangerKellen »

Oh very cool! :)
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

Greetings Rangers! Just want to make a change to the product line-up. The bob-tailed broad head is no longer available, sorry! And the following pic is what I do have available;
Attachments
medieval arrowhead.jpg
medieval arrowhead.jpg (9.51 KiB) Viewed 24686 times
LOVE NOT THE BRIGHT SWORD FOR IT'S SHARPNESS OR THE ARROW FOR IT'S SWIFTNESS, BUT RATHER LOVE THAT WHICH THEY DEFEND
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Those are probably hunt-legal in most states here, seeing as they aren't barbed. Very cool! Do you sell these individually? Do you have a blade width measurement and grain weight? I've been looking for a good "period" hunting head that's socketed...trade points tend to break when they deflect off of bone...
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

Greg wrote:Those are probably hunt-legal in most states here, seeing as they aren't barbed. Very cool! Do you sell these individually? Do you have a blade width measurement and grain weight? I've been looking for a good "period" hunting head that's socketed...trade points tend to break when they deflect off of bone...
Hey Greg they are legal in most states but to be sure you should check, better safe than sorry!
The blade width is 5/8ths and they are 2 inches long, 125 grain, standard 5 degree taper for 11/32.
I have 3 left and they were about $3 apiece. Hope that helps.
RangerKellen

Post by RangerKellen »

Still selling them?!?! :D
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Gondian

Post by Gondian »

Greetings Rangers! Need to make a change to the price list that I posted at the beginning of this thread; It has become necessary to raise the price of the field tipped arrows to $120 a dozen, sorry about that.
mcapanelli
Haeropada

Post by mcapanelli »

Are you bow prices still about the same? I'm now in the market for a bow and arrows. I like what you did with Greg's bow and would like something similar. Shoot me a PM and we'll talk. I'll be officially in the market around the middle of January. That's when I recover from my Christmas blood letting.
Winter is coming
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Gondian wrote:Greetings Rangers! Need to make a change to the price list that I posted at the beginning of this thread; It has become necessary to raise the price of the field tipped arrows to $120 a dozen, sorry about that.
I'm in the market for a long bow. Are you still in business? I'm in Indy, but a native Detroiter. Probably visiting friends and family in the Detroit area in the next couple of months, could swing by Allen Park and save the cost of shipping.
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

I'm having him make a custom one for me right now. Pretty excited!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Manveruon wrote:I'm having him make a custom one for me right now. Pretty excited!
Awesome. Are you having specific patterns or decoration put on, or is that something you'll do yourself?
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

We had talked about him putting some elvish inscriptions on the handle area, instead of a leather or cord wrap, so I would know where to place my hand every time. Other than that, the bow itself will be fairly plain, but that's how I like it.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
turnip
Dúnadan

Post by turnip »

Ooooh, Gondian... I am drooling over those arrows... and a bow? Someday, fairly soon I hope! Got to see my daughter, Liathwyn, over the Thanksgiving holiday, and she said that she was getting a bow from you (did I hear her correctly?). If so, Turnip and I can hardly wait to see it! You may have drummed up some more business! Thanks for sharing your wares! Sindara
Laothain

Post by Laothain »

Wow I'm impressed! I think when I start looking for a new bow you'll be where I start looking and from what I've seen where I'll stop as well.