Barbarian Winter Garb

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Frothgar
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Barbarian Winter Garb

Post by Frothgar »

Took some photos for a contest in Dagorhir. Figured you could all benefit from some barbarian splendor.

Here's a link to the contest page. http://www.dagorhir.com/forums/index.ph ... 940.0.html
I'm on page 4. got some garb breakdown as well.

Now with MOAR LAZOR CAT!!

Frothgar
Civilization, it seems, prepared one to live, but not to survive.
-Cimmerian proverb
kaelln

Re: Barbarian Winter Garb

Post by kaelln »

Quite nice for either a Cimmerian crushing the jeweled thrones of kings beneath his feet, or a Ranger stalking the lonely wastes. Good job!
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

That's a great look! You did a really good job. I recognize that knife on your belt, glad to see it's coming in handy,,,also, I think your cat is possessed.
You can't take the sky from me.
RangerKellen

Post by RangerKellen »

I really like your garb! And you cat makes all the more better! :)
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

looks great
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Frothgar!
That outfit looks great! I did get to look at your submission and I really hope you win.
For a Cimmerian character you really have the look and you have put in a lot of thought.
Good luck Brother, you know you are our MERF Barbarian and we think your outstanding!

BTW Keep up the good work on the weight and health front you look great and I bet you are feeling even better on the field (truly inspiring to me!) :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Frothgar

Post by Frothgar »

Thanks everyone.

Wulfgar,
The knife blade and sheath are the same, the hilt i redid. ill try to find a better picture tonight. and i only recently replaced the 3 disc pouch with the one currently on my left hip.

The cat gets a deon in her every morning, the vet said to cut back a touch on food and you would think i was starving her the way she acts.

Ringulf,
Thanks, been plateauing for a bit. holding steady at around 100 pounds lost. been doing a lot of strength training though so im gaining muscle mass. i want to believe the number doesn't mean much but i would like to reach 111 pounds lost. after that ill find a natural resting point. at this point its a challenge.

i plan on entering that contest you are holding here as well. got to recheck the rules but ill def be making a play for that axe.

Take care all.

F
-Cimmerian proverb
Frothgar

Post by Frothgar »

found better pics already,

Hilted with a partly drilled deer antler using the hot water method. I call it the deer shank.

F
-Cimmerian proverb
Nemo of Calh
Dúnadan

Post by Nemo of Calh »

There is some real stiff competition in that thread. I honestly have no idea who is going to win. Knowing Hanzo and Magnus, though, it's probably going to be one of the armored guys. . .

Also, I love your winter gear. I don't think I'd seen it yet. The cloak does have a hood, right? You need a hood for our Rag Ranger patrol.
"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
Frothgar

Post by Frothgar »

nope, no hood, just a big rectangle. i can pull it up and cover my head. but it looks weird.

might make a mantle or something. though one source i have has Cimmerian's disdaining anything that can conceal identity. i made a leather hood for myself but i didn't care much for the outcome. traded it away at BTP. Might try another design out of some elk hide ive got.

Edit:
And ive got my money on the guy with the green slightly rusted armour.
-Cimmerian proverb
Nemo of Calh
Dúnadan

Post by Nemo of Calh »

Dude, I love that guy's stuff. I'd be perfectly happy if he won. Funny thing is, he apparently thinks I might win.

Now I do remember you saying that Cimmerians don't conceal their identity. But you can protect your gorgeous locks from the rain, can't you?
"He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the LORD require of you? To act justly and to love mercy and to walk humbly with your God." Micah 6:8
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Looking great, both outfit and physically. Keeping the weight off is probably harder than losing it so don't loose your intensity.
Frothgar

Post by Frothgar »

the source i have mentions that in times of long term inclement weather hoods on cloaks are used. but the general gist is they endure the rain and snow. Hardiness and all that.

F
-Cimmerian proverb