"Second Breakfast" at Denny's

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

Odigan
Vendor

"Second Breakfast" at Denny's

Post by Odigan »

I have not posted in a long while, and truth be told, I am ashamed that this is what I come here to subject you to, but here it is - digestive upset and marketing brilliance all in one:

As stated on AV Club, "'You shall not pass!' your nerd-colon will scream, as it stands tall against the rampage of vaguely Hobbit-inspired meals/sex acts the Hobbit Slam, a Gandalf Gobble, the Hobbit Hole, and the Lonely Mountain Treasure (illegal in most states), which appears to be a bowl of French toast crumbles served with a side of icing atop a pile of stones, just as Tolkien once imagined, the crazy bastard.
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Re: "Second Breakfast" at Denny's

Post by Mirimaran »

I can't stop laughing, really. You had me at nerd-colon. Of all the tie-ins. Denny's :P

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

OH Odigan I am still writing through teary eyes! LOL Brandwyn and I have not laughed like that in some time!

I have to say though just because I am an adventurous sort I am going to Denny's for breakfast tommorow!

Hey you are talkin to the nerd that ate at BK for 2 months to get two entire sets of the FOTR figures that linked together like pie slices and I still drink from my light up Goblet set, so I suppose I am a slave to shameless Lotr marketing, I don't even want to get started on mr nearly complete figure collection!

My one big regret is that I never got my Gimli coffee mug!

oh well I suppose I will have to make my own! :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
robinhoodsghost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Makes me hungry just looking at it.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

Heh, I feel like the only one who actually likes Denny's food. High quality? Nah! Greasy and delicious? Totally! I got really excited when this first came out, haha.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

I like Denny's food.. I always got a Grand Slam hehehe

But yeah this is making me hungry... think I will go and make me a waffle.. or two!!
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com