2012 Chrismas mugs

A lot of reenactment level work is about learning appropriate historical crafts and skills. This board is for all general skills that don't have their own forum.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Ringulf
Naugothrain

2012 Chrismas mugs

Post by Ringulf »

Due to our move and financial squeeze, we ended up making Christmas mugs for my family out of pieces I had been collecting for our merchanting.

And I had just enough to go around! For the kids I did Dwarf King/santa/fatherchristmas/Odin mugs (you decide) and then for my sisters and their husbands I went with full face mugs, with the guys getting a golf theme (The Bandobras collection is all very "Hobbit" I assure you!)

I used up a lot of my clay which I mix black and brown to get the dark ritch color I enjoy, unfortunately I have to restock imediately so we can make 10 seaxes with PC handles and leather sheaths.

I intend to do a run of 10 and charge $100 per set in order to clear our expenses this month, If any of you are interested in one of my seax knives with custom sculpted PC handle and leather sheath, I will go as far as doing a matched tooled leather sheath for the same price. (Shoot me a pm if interested)

Here are the mugs:

Somewhat whimsicle and a lot of fun to create! :mrgreen: :wink:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Ernildir
Haeropada

Re: 2012 Chrismas mugs

Post by Ernildir »

I love the Dwarf-Lord mugs.

And that text on the back is great. :mrgreen:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
RangerKellen
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Re: 2012 Chrismas mugs

Post by RangerKellen »

Very nice! I love the golf ones!
"Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens."
-J.R.R. Tolkien