where do i post?

Stuff that relates to the running of the forums, and not to Ranger reenactment.
man_of_tanith
Dúnadan

where do i post?

Post by man_of_tanith »

i'm doing an over night camp tomorrow and was thinking of sharing my experiences with you lovely folk.
but i am uncertain where to post it?

it wont be in full ranger kit as i A havent got it all and B have heavy snow forecast for my part of the UK so i want stuff i trust more
obviously if folk arent intersted or its not the done thing thats fine but i would like to put it up in the right place
Only the Wilderness is Pure Truth
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Re: where do i post?

Post by Ringulf »

Please do not be disuaded from posting your experiences just because of your current garb situation! In fact by posting what you have you may elicit suggestions as to how you can move further and what equipment other Rangers use and prefer. We have all been there and accept that kit is a work in progress. Have a great time, be safe, take lots of pics and I will let a mod tell you the best catagory to post it.
:mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I would say post in the general forum section. And PLEASE post! None of my outings have been in full garb or in full wilderness for that matter yet. :oops: That time's a comin' though. And as for kit, Ringulf is exactly right. It is past time for me to start replacing clothing. Heck, my quiver is still a blue jean pant leg sewn shut at one end with a strap made from the other leg.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Kiriana
Haeropada

Post by Kiriana »

PICS!!! PICS!!! PICS!!!

Did someone say they will be posting pics!! oooh yay

And yes, it does't matter if you have a full kit or not. kits take time.
“From the ashes a fire shall be woken, A light from the shadows shall spring; Renewed shall be blade that was broken, The crownless again shall be king.”

http://www.mackermakkeep.com
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

As the others have said just feel free! We're always hungry for more :twisted:

It's apparently the coldest March in 50 years so I wouldn't be surprised. You're not up near Cumbria are you? Stay safe, there have been massive drifts :S

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
man_of_tanith
Dúnadan

Post by man_of_tanith »

Thanks everyone
pics will follow when i get five minutes and find the camera charger(we are packing up to move this weekend and its lost in a box somewhere i think.)
as you can guess i survived
the heavy snow threatened did not hit me but we had temps of minus 2 Celsius at 8pm when my friend left.
Bear in mind i'm more inclined to the post change world of the emberverse so i feel that using the more modern kit is ok at the moment and i will slowly alter my kit over time same as i feel the rangers of the emberverse would
Only the Wilderness is Pure Truth
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

we love any and all pics (except pete's bear skin rug pic :evil: )
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"