Member Map

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Fox
Dúnadan

Re: Member Map

Post by Fox »

Dirhael wrote:Tis hard being a lone ranger.
Dude, you get silver bullets, a lost silver mine, an awesome horse, named Silver (sensing a theme here), and a really cool Indian that always has your back! And when you leave, people say "Who was that masked man?" It's cool to be the Lone Ranger!

Image[/url]
Last edited by Fox on Fri Aug 23, 2013 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
“Courage is found in unlikely places.” -J.R.R. Tolkien
Fox
Dúnadan

Post by Fox »

Unless your Indian is Johnny Depp, then, sorry man!
Fox
Dúnadan

Post by Fox »

Oh, and while Fox may only have about 69 or 70 posts, Kaelln the Fox had hundreds. Not vouching for the quality of the posts mind you, but there were hundreds, I tell you! So I added myself to the map! :P :P :P
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I was trying yesterday to add you as your abscence was immediately noticed, however I am not and idiot sevant when it comes to computers...just an idiot.
:oops:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Avery and I live in the same town! How's that for a coincidink? And my wife and I met Eric and his family as well, we do have the 20th anniversary season of the Carolina Renaissance Festival coming up :)

Ken
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

This is a great idea! I love this sort of thing!
I also amended my marker. I was placed somewhere in the middle of the mountains of Colorado, so I moved myself to my exact location. And by that, I mean the exact room in my townhouse in which I am currently sitting as I type (if anyone was so curious as to zoom THAT far in, haha).
Anyway, I hear ya' about the isolation. I'm the only ranger in Colorado it seems, and the closest member to me appears to be Dailir, who is about an 8 hour drive away in Provo, Utah (and who hasn't been seen around these boards for almost a year). I've been trying desperately to get some folks around here a bit more interested in these boards, and in ranger activities in general, but alas my efforts seem to fall on deaf ears. And that's a shame, really, because living on the Colorado Front Range is basically just like being nestled up against the Misty Mountains. We've got some amazing areas for ranger trekking, photo-shoots, general wilderness hikes, etc.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Straelbora
Haeropada

Post by Straelbora »

Manveruon wrote:This is a great idea! I love this sort of thing!
I also amended my marker. I was placed somewhere in the middle of the mountains of Colorado, so I moved myself to my exact location. And by that, I mean the exact room in my townhouse in which I am currently sitting as I type (if anyone was so curious as to zoom THAT far in, haha).
Anyway, I hear ya' about the isolation. I'm the only ranger in Colorado it seems, and the closest member to me appears to be Dailir, who is about an 8 hour drive away in Provo, Utah (and who hasn't been seen around these boards for almost a year). I've been trying desperately to get some folks around here a bit more interested in these boards, and in ranger activities in general, but alas my efforts seem to fall on deaf ears. And that's a shame, really, because living on the Colorado Front Range is basically just like being nestled up against the Misty Mountains. We've got some amazing areas for ranger trekking, photo-shoots, general wilderness hikes, etc.
I was thinking the same thing as I read your post- all those great mountains and forests, and noone rangering in them?
Vápnum sínum skala maðr velli á
feti ganga framar því at óvist er at vita
nær verðr á vegum úti geirs um þörf guma
Hávamál
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

They don't know what's good for them. Manveruon, if ever I wind up out that way (be it traveling or moving there permanently) I'll happily see to it that we take advantage of the terrain to its fullest.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

Addreonynn Lightfoot wrote:HOLY COW!!! I just realized how Isolated I am!!! I am the soul Ranger of Missouri!!! lol
I think that there is someone else in MO., I sold a pair of boots to someone there, I'll have to remember the name and town.
You can't take the sky from me.
Addreonynn
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Addreonynn »

Oh yeah, and maybe he/she didn't post his location? is that what your getting at?
If by my life or death I can protect you, I will. You have my sword...
To truly survive in the woods, one must be able to thrive in the woods
robinhoodsghost

Post by robinhoodsghost »

Great idea....looks like we have our kingdom covered fairly well.
In the darkest part of Sherwoods glade, in the thickest part of the wood, there are those who say, can still be seen, the ghost of Robin Hood.
brownl_91
Dúnadan

Post by brownl_91 »

I added myself to the map. What a good idea
BarrelMaker
Wayfarer

Post by BarrelMaker »

Okay, I was hoping not to be the first one to have to ask this, but how do you add yourself? I suck with computers and anything Google is an even stranger foreign language to me.
josh88
Wayfarer

Post by josh88 »

BarrelMaker wrote:Okay, I was hoping not to be the first one to have to ask this, but how do you add yourself? I suck with computers and anything Google is an even stranger foreign language to me.
If you get to the map you see the list of people on the left with the little blue placemarks, On the actual map near the navigation controls (the arrows, zoom, etc) there is a hand and next to that is a similar blue placemark. you just find where you are on the map, click the placemark, and click where it should go. It will give you a little window to fill out as you'd like. Then you're done!
Attachments
map.jpg
map.jpg (226.72 KiB) Viewed 14582 times
Yavion

Post by Yavion »

I'm in St Louis, if you feel like adding me. Not alone in the Mo! :smile: