Ranger event site

For all of the Talk that doesn't fit elsewhere.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Ranger event site

Post by wulfgar »

The Roman Castra here in Arkansas is beginning to open up to outside groups, and since I have helped out there and attended an event I believe that if there was enough interest from the Rangers that I could get the spot for a moot. The site owners charge by person, so it's not something where we would have to cough up $500 just to use the site. THe cost of using the land and buildings includes water, flush toilets and hot showers. There is the fort itself, two civilian buildings, and the Celt village. There is also plenty of land for archery, thrown weapons, tacticals,, whatever you want. This isn't something that would happen this year as I have alot on the table for 2015, but if there is enough interest and people are willing to travel, I believe that I could put on a pretty good shindig.
I have posted pictures of the site on another thread here, but since I'm not on my computer right now I can't get to Photobucket to post them at this moment, I will do it ASAP though.

Here's the thread with the pics.
http://ranger.budgetauthenticity.org/fo ... f=3&t=2806
You can't take the sky from me.
Raziel Alastor
Wanderer

Re: Ranger event site

Post by Raziel Alastor »

This sounds like a great idea to me. In a couple of years when I have enough money and the ability to travel, I would definitely attend.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

I'd be in.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
wulfgar
Amrod Rhandir

Post by wulfgar »

I know it's quite a drive for most folks, bu tit could be set up for a 3-4 day event. The barracks hold about 12 I believe, and there be room for more in a year or two. There is a huge amount of open space for archery and thrown weapons competitions, and I would like to put a "Ranger Run" together which would be a timed event that involved skills like fire starting, archery, thrown weapons, observations, and more.
There's huge potential here, and in a year or two, I think we could do it.
Also to clarify, this wouldn't just a a Ranger event, I would love to have other Middle Earth impressions too like Hobbits, Dwarves, Men,,etc. I would even make a Prancing Pony or Green Dragon sign for the taverna!
You can't take the sky from me.
BrianGrubbs
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by BrianGrubbs »

Arkansas isn't too far away from me. I would love to be able to do something with this group!
The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
Southwind
Wanderer

Post by Southwind »

[double post]
Last edited by Southwind on Mon Nov 10, 2014 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- Southwind (Gwaiharad)
Southwind
Wanderer

Post by Southwind »

Arkansas isn't too far away from me. I would love to be able to do something with this group!
Seconded. I might only be able to make it out for a day, but will definitely come if I can.
- Southwind (Gwaiharad)
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Post by Manveruon »

If the ball really gets rolling on this in the next year or two, I might definitely have to make the trek out for it. I almost never get to travel for this kind of thing (to be fair, I almost never get to travel at all, actually), but if something like this was going strong out there and I had some time to plan for it, I might be too tempted to pass it up.
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains