pics of my kit and gear

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Jerome W.249

pics of my kit and gear

Post by Jerome W.249 »

hey guys here is some pics of me and my gear please comment http://picasaweb.google.com/jeromew.249/Ranger#
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: pics of my kit and gear

Post by Peter Remling »

Looking Good! I don't recognize the drop point, who made it? That looks like an old Windlass Bearded axe. The long Kyber knife is a good choice, something I don't remember being mentioned here.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

BLADES! :twisted: Nice blades! Oh, and the rest of the gear looks good too. Thanks for sharing.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

WOW everything you got there looks great. Love the blades double axe is really cool, looks like the perfect size.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Post by Peter Remling »

Another question, What's the spear head made from and how is it attached to the shaft? I quess that's two questions actually. Don't hold it against me if l can't count. :lol:
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

A number of your leather pieces (scabbards, etc.) reminds me of Andy's kit. Well-worn and handmade. Simply the best of both worlds. You're looking excellent in your garb, and look quite ready to head on our and go trekking! Way to go! Glad to see another active ranger!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Jerome W.249

Post by Jerome W.249 »

well met worthy rangers . thank you for the props. as to the drop point it was made by a husband/wife company called the stichers cabin he made camp gear ;leather goods and some knives she made period clothing. as to the spear the head is a old cut down throwing knife very hefty .the spear shaft has a slot cut into it.the head then slid in slot with glue .shaft wrapped with wet rawhide which shrinks making very secure fit .not very ranger authentic but works.i was wondering if any body had any thoughts/opinions about my non ranger leggings.i wear them because i do alot of fall/winter trekking in ohio woodland thickets and they save wear/tear on he pants. fare thee well.
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I would say the leggings are perfect, if that's what you need to keep warm. You can consider what viking or medieval people may have been wearing in colder climates. But I am very far from have any real knowledge of most of these things.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

An outstanding example of kit! Love the weathered items, just the look a Ranger should have! Keep wandering the Wilds, O son of forgotten Kings!

Quick question - can you elaborate on your backpack/bedroll? I like how it looks!
Last edited by Mirimaran on Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
R.D.Metcalf
Amrod Rhandir

Post by R.D.Metcalf »

Personally speaking the leggins *make* your look 8) you've outfitted yourself very well and you've given me alot of inspiration. Thank you 8)
The frontier moves with the sun and pushes the Red Man of these wilderness forests in front of it... until one day there will be nowhere left. Then our race will be no more, or be not us.

My Sword Is my Troth.

~Iron Wolf Forge~
Jerome W.249

Post by Jerome W.249 »

fellow rangers the bedroll starts with a 6x6 water proof tarp ground cloth/shelter which ever also a full size heavy wool blaket. wrapped in blanket 2shirts pants and socks large tin cup and 40 ft.of rope. in leather pouch drop point knife dried food for 2/3 days .oppissit of hand ax i can attach quiver of arrows can also attach another water skin giving me alittle over 2 quarts of water . all in all weight is 25-30 pounds which rides pretty comfy
. in my 2 belt pouchs i have fire starting kit sewing kit fishing kit bee wax for water proofing leather gear and short boot s also honing stone and small file also hemp twine. thank s for the input . fare thee well