tRoP Posters: What use can we glean?

Where it's not Ranger related. Rankin Bass, Bakshi, PJ, or independent. If it's not specifically ranger related, let's talk movies (or TV)!

Moderator: caedmon

caedmon
Balku'npâ

tRoP Posters: What use can we glean?

Post by caedmon »

So another tRoP teaser dropped in the form of character studies with emphasis on the hands and a variety of clothing. I know everyone is on the spectrum from cautious optimism to downright loathing, but can we sift something useful here? Yeah, the weapons suck, and they are over-using raw silk and loose weaves, to give the feel of 'rustique'.

But has anything made you go, "Hmm, I am intrigued by the way they did that..." I'll start. I find two pictures very interesting. The one with the block print tunic and the one with the rope.
-Jack Horner

----------------------------
Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Re: tRoP Posters: What use can we glean?

Post by caedmon »

So the blockprint tunic.
tRoP_03.jpg
tRoP_03.jpg (233.67 KiB) Viewed 3206 times
This is interesting. Most people assume this is an elf. It has strong Numenorean vibes for me.

The idea of printed/painted fabric is one I have shied away from, mostly because of early reenactment experience. However, painted fabric is well attested historically, and hand done block printing can give very interesting results. I find the sun & star motif to be very pleasing and ties in things similar to Trewhiddle style Anglo-Saxon brooches. (like the stars outlined with dots)

Also the belt buckle has good Numerorean arcline vibes.
-Jack Horner

Impression: Cædmon Reedmace | bronze founder living in Archet, Breeland. c. 3017
caedmon
Balku'npâ

Post by caedmon »

This one I call the mariner.
tRoP_07.jpg
tRoP_07.jpg (227.23 KiB) Viewed 3205 times
Not much to say here. The tooling on the belt is interesting. Not specifically one of the professor's Numenorean motifs, but it *could be* extrapolated.

What's with the wrist binding?

The shoulder trim has an arc line / Numenorean lotus vibe; and feels a lot like extant Byzantine and Coptic tunics.

Anyone able to interprete the round shapes on the shoulder?
-Jack Horner

Ghostsoldier
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ghostsoldier »

Some of the who's who of poster characters are supposed to be explained here:

https://www.facebook.com/10318721833069 ... 917309960/

Rob
"Nothing's forgotten."