Video on my Kit

Hard Kit is all other accoutrements that are not clothing, weapons or armour. This includes pots and tents, and flint & steel, and other things like that.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Erfaron
Dúnadan

Video on my Kit

Post by Erfaron »

Hello all, I have been wanting to make a video going over my kit and while on Covid Quarantine this week I was finally able to do it. Have a gander!

https://youtu.be/TjbGpaiqTX4
"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go." -Gandalf, Chapter 7, The Hobbit
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Re: Video on my Kit

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Great kit!
Frodo lives!
Cortharyn
Wayfarer

Post by Cortharyn »

Nice I did one a while back. I cover weapons in a different video.

[youtube]https://youtu.be/dQF4Guo70wI[/youtube]
I am the weapon
Jack
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Jack »

Erfaron wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:04 pm Hello all, I have been wanting to make a video going over my kit and while on Covid Quarantine this week I was finally able to do it. Have a gander!

Cool stuff Erfaron, you goin barefoot hobbit style?
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Erfaron
Dúnadan

Post by Erfaron »

Jack wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:23 am
Erfaron wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 9:04 pm Hello all, I have been wanting to make a video going over my kit and while on Covid Quarantine this week I was finally able to do it. Have a gander!

Cool stuff Erfaron, you goin barefoot hobbit style?
No lol, I use either minimalist shoes or sandals, saving up for some moccasins from Canada moccasins
"There are no safe paths in this part of the world. Remember you are over the Edge of the Wild now, and in for all sorts of fun wherever you go." -Gandalf, Chapter 7, The Hobbit
Tom_Ranger
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Tom_Ranger »

Well done. Eventually when I get some time I plan on making a couple videos.
Life is a great adventure; if I live to be 10,000 years old, it won't be enough.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Very nice!
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Well Done!

The spear is often overlooked.

I would take the tourniquet out of that pouch, though--it takes too long to get out. Actually, it is best to carry two in case the first one doesn't fully stop the bleed. Maybe add a pressure dressing as well.
Erfaron
Dúnadan

Post by Erfaron »

Harper wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 9:33 pm Well Done!

The spear is often overlooked.

I would take the tourniquet out of that pouch, though--it takes too long to get out. Actually, it is best to carry two in case the first one doesn't fully stop the bleed. Maybe add a pressure dressing as well.
I haven’t actually gone out with that kit just yet so it’s still in the packaging, and I have a few ETDs they are just in other kits, need to place another NAR order and get some more
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Nicely done! I like the decision to go with proper knee-length trousers especially.
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

good looking kit :P
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

An excellent use of quarantine time.

I really like this. It's great to see a kit that's clearly serviceable but still in progress. It can be nerve wracking showcasing your stuff to people like Iodo, Taurinor or Manveruon who have it to such a polished level and I'm really grateful you did.

We run the risk of falling into the same trap here that I often see in living history which is when new folks come in and only see the ideal of what is basically a 10 year handmade kit or a $10k sword.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Eofor wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:03 pm We run the risk of falling into the same trap here that I often see in living history which is when new folks come in and only see the ideal of what is basically a 10 year handmade kit or a $10k sword.
*shifty eyes* haha yeah... I'm sure I don't know what you mean. Not at all...
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

Eofor wrote: Wed Jul 06, 2022 12:03 pm I really like this. It's great to see a kit that's clearly serviceable but still in progress. It can be nerve wracking showcasing your stuff to people like Iodo, Taurinor or Manveruon who have it to such a polished level and I'm really grateful you did.
Ha Ha! my kit isn't polished at all, it just gives the illusion of polished :P maybe on the soft kit side it is better, but I still use modern hiking boots (mostly modern shirts as well) and for hard kit have you seen how many modern items I carry?
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Togon
Dúnadan

Post by Togon »

I like your kit! It looks like you're going to come out of the swamps and hew a bunch of Harradrim! The fact that your kit is a work in progress makes me feel better about my own. Either way, we're all having fun! Some of my favoirite shirts and trousers are "linen" yoga/hippie clothes. Cheap. If something happens, no biggie. And, I could patrol multiple times a week because i've got a few sets!
‘If by your carelessness you wish to do our enemies work then you may as well carry one of his brands’