No stupid questions? Challenge accepted!

Whether new to the forum, or completely new to the community, herein you will find the best information to-date to help you get started on the right foot with that dangerous business of going out your door.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

OParnoShoshoi
Dúnadan

No stupid questions? Challenge accepted!

Post by OParnoShoshoi »

Hey everyone, just thought I'd start a thread to get some simple dumb questions and odd thoughts from my workday out there. I shared some to the discord already, but wanted to make sure to put them here where everyone will see them!

1) Elvish (or applicable other languages): do you think we should be striving to learn Sindarin? Do you? Maybe just a little? Or is there maybe another fun language you would suggest? Do you use any when you meet other rangers? Plains Indian Sign Language would be kinda cool and useful, though completely athematic (but for those who roleplay in addition to re-enact).

2) Regionally Specific: Do you model your gear off of a specific place in Middle-Earth, or do you model it off of your real world location? For example, if you were a Ranger in Arizona, would you wear light brown and tan cotton, or would you still wear wool and leather in dark greens? I live in Northeast Georgia, and gourds grow natively here; so I've been thinking of a bottle gourd canteen. I have much more concern for snakes than someone in New England, so taller leather boots and tightly cinched pant legs makes sense for me.

3) No Witnesses: Anyone avoid strangers while hiking, or do you take it as an opportunity to talk about the hobby? I feel like you can't avoid the conversation unless you want to be the weird forest hermit that scares people by sprinting into the woods when you see them.

4) What sort of weapon combos do you carry? I think I prefer spear/shortsword and would like to add some sort of shortbow/slingshot but I feel like these aren't truly thematic. Meanwhile, I actually have virtually zero experience with the sword or spear.

5) Real World Precautions: Do you carry a firearm for safety while in the wilderness? If so, any tips on incorporating it into your gear? I'm not trying to get got by a bear or a copperhead.

6) Goals: What do you actually try to get done on your outings? Do you hunt, or have a list of specific plants you're looking for? Or is it just an escape to spend some time in the quiet of the woods? Maybe having a goal of "identify one new plant, one new animal, and sleep in a new campsite" might give some people the drive to test their limits?

7) Online Roleplaying Games: since I have your attention, did getting a DnD game going ever gain any traction? I think FATE Core would be the better system for this group, or maybe even Basic Roleplay System, since they're both so open ended. I'd be totally down to play something with some strangers.

Might add some more later, would love to hear people's answers. I numbered them so you don't have to quote a ton of text.
(INSERT WITTICISM HERE)
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Re: No stupid questions? Challenge accepted!

Post by Cimrandir »

1. Like we were discussing in the discord chat, SIndarin as a spoken language is incomplete. Even with neologisms, there's simply not enough there to use. I would simply find a few phrases you use often enough and ask the scholars for a translation to pepper in your day to day talk. I wish there was enough to use Sindarin as a spoken language as most of Dunedain spoke it as their native tongue if I recall correctly and that would be super cool to add to the impression. Regarding sign language, I confess that I see the use of a non-verbal language to be far too militaristic of the Northern Rangers. I really don't think they would have the need for it honestly. Perhaps the Rangers of Gondor, if you lean that direction. Though you need not go immediately to the North American plains for a sign language. There is a medieval sign language you might find interesting, though it's mostly for clergymen. (link)
  2. I think this comes down to personal preference and personally, I model my persona as to a Northwestern European clime as in the books. Texas is hot and not especially reminiscent of anywhere but Mordor so I model my kit as if I lived in Wales or perhaps Northern/Eastern France for example. Subdued colors and wool are the order of the day. Low shoes, leg-bands, and sharp pair of eyes are what I've got against critters. Consequently, my impression is 2 1/2 season only. I'm working on a secondary impression for the warmer months but that is still some time away.
  3. Depends on where you go. Private land is not so much concern but it's hard to avoid people at your local state park. To my mind, it's good to put your best foot forward with the public. Heck, maybe they would be interested in joining up! I don't mind talking to them at all. It also saves me the bother of skulking about and possibly getting the real Rangers sicc'd on me.
  4. Public land? No weapons save a staff and small knife. Private? Same but with my bow added for stump stalking as Elleth puts it. Not worth getting tossed in the clink for that. I intend to commission a spear soon to add to the "Warband" kit though. Perhaps a langseax for that up close and personal "fighting". Honestly, (and this will probably be the subject of a different thread in the future), I grow wearied of the focus on weaponry and death in both fantasy and real history re-enactment. It's clear to see the Professor wasn't a fan either so I'm not really focusing on being a badass special forces weapon of death in my play pretend.
  5. No real firearms, no. Personal experience it wouldn't do much against a copperhead and I would hesitate against a bear too.
  6. Honestly, just to enjoy nature and test my latest skill upgrade or whatnot. Given the lack of orcs and my feelings on fighting above, I think "training" in the sense of being a "real Ranger" is silly. Training to be better in the woods? Sure. Train with sword or bow to learn maybe how they did it back then? Sure, good exercise at the very least. But I'm not a fan of the mentality of "serious business being a Ranger." The Professor was a great lover of the environment. I find the best tribute is to enjoy it as he did.
  7. Not a fan of D&D to be honest but I'd be interested in FATE. I've been meaning to start up a Mythras campaign which is a derivative of BRP but time and energy is ever elusive.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Togon
Dúnadan

Post by Togon »

1. I think it'd be cool. More immersion making it more fun. I wish I could learn Easterling since sometimes I travel with an 'Easterling witch,' but thats something the professor just didn't create. Hand signals are definately useful if you've got a group.

2. A little of both. I chose a region with a Mediterranean environment for a region. Its just a bonus I like Gondor. I have wools and stuff for winter, but I dress in linens for the heat. Browns and greens work very well around here, but I also use a bit of gray.

3. Not really. I try to stay on the trail. I'd hate to step somewhere while trying to hide and find a rattler. But, if I do find a good opportunity, I may hide. I am trying to be a ranger after all. Immersion.

4. I am usually with my langseax, Antler. Shes a Tod Cutler and a handy tool. Although, I am trying out a Bauernwehr. I dont usually carry a sword so I dont scare the normies, but I have carried my even longer langseax a few times. I'll probably make and learn how to use a shepherd's sling. Lightweight and ammo is everywhere!

5. Just my ash walking stick and big knife usually. My state isnt very firearm friendly.

6. Really its just to get out in nature and get some exercise. I try to do it as if I were in a patrol and I do it just as I learned in the military.

7. I'm down! Haven't played fate, but I have many fond memories of 3rd Edition D&D.
‘If by your carelessness you wish to do our enemies work then you may as well carry one of his brands’
Iodo
Thangailhir

Post by Iodo »

OParnoShoshoi wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 12:27 am Hey everyone, just thought I'd start a thread to get some simple dumb questions and odd thoughts from my workday out there. I shared some to the discord already, but wanted to make sure to put them here where everyone will see them!

1) Elvish (or applicable other languages): do you think we should be striving to learn Sindarin? Do you? Maybe just a little? Or is there maybe another fun language you would suggest? Do you use any when you meet other rangers? Plains Indian Sign Language would be kinda cool and useful, though completely athematic (but for those who roleplay in addition to re-enact).

2) Regionally Specific: Do you model your gear off of a specific place in Middle-Earth, or do you model it off of your real world location? For example, if you were a Ranger in Arizona, would you wear light brown and tan cotton, or would you still wear wool and leather in dark greens? I live in Northeast Georgia, and gourds grow natively here; so I've been thinking of a bottle gourd canteen. I have much more concern for snakes than someone in New England, so taller leather boots and tightly cinched pant legs makes sense for me.

3) No Witnesses: Anyone avoid strangers while hiking, or do you take it as an opportunity to talk about the hobby? I feel like you can't avoid the conversation unless you want to be the weird forest hermit that scares people by sprinting into the woods when you see them.

4) What sort of weapon combos do you carry? I think I prefer spear/shortsword and would like to add some sort of shortbow/slingshot but I feel like these aren't truly thematic. Meanwhile, I actually have virtually zero experience with the sword or spear.

5) Real World Precautions: Do you carry a firearm for safety while in the wilderness? If so, any tips on incorporating it into your gear? I'm not trying to get got by a bear or a copperhead.

6) Goals: What do you actually try to get done on your outings? Do you hunt, or have a list of specific plants you're looking for? Or is it just an escape to spend some time in the quiet of the woods? Maybe having a goal of "identify one new plant, one new animal, and sleep in a new campsite" might give some people the drive to test their limits?

7) Online Roleplaying Games: since I have your attention, did getting a DnD game going ever gain any traction? I think FATE Core would be the better system for this group, or maybe even Basic Roleplay System, since they're both so open ended. I'd be totally down to play something with some strangers.

Might add some more later, would love to hear people's answers. I numbered them so you don't have to quote a ton of text.

My answers:

1: I am awful at spoken language so I wouldn't consider trying, but I expect some others here have learnt some common phrases, while I have learned to write in runes so each to there own, if you are someone who is interested by languages then go for it :P

2: I guess I make my stuff in the style that I think would be appropriate for Erebor/Iron hills, but in colors that camouflage with the places that I wander, and from materials that protect me from the weather that I get

3: providing you are not breaking the law or putting yourself in danger, it can be fun to avoid detection by both people and animals (read this for an example: viewtopic.php?p=43477#p43477), but for the most part if I'm on trails I won't bother, and if someone has already seen me I will just let them see me, in the UK most people just look at me like I'm strange and avoid speaking while they hurry past, but occasionally someone will ask and I will tell them about the forum or about my YouTube channel

4: Weapon laws in the UK are stupid (I probably shouldn't say that but, meh...) so for the most part I carry nothing more than a walking staff and a tiny non-locking folding knife, I realise that the latter doesn't really count as a weapon. If I'm feeling more adventurous up in Scotland where people are allowed to do bushcraft and I can legally justify a fixed blade knife within reason, I will have one of my two favourite blades (SOG Pillar and Condor Kepheart), neither are accurate to middle earth, the Kepheart looks more in keeping with my kit but the SOG is much better for bushcraft. I have never invested in a Middle earth appropriate bushcraft blade because 99% of the time I can't carry a knife with my kit so it doesn't seem worth it

In an ideal world if the law wasn't a problem I would probably carry something like a "walking axe/mattock" instead of the staff, a large knife/short sword (kinda like a Viking seax), a small utility camp knife and maybe a shortbow

5: not much dangerous wildlife in the UK, so not an issue

6: Different every time, I usually have a hike of some sort planed, and this usually includes navigation off the trails, or I go out with a mission of sorts in mind, like finding fatwood, making a video, testing gear in different conditions, just sitting down and making a brew etc... what ever the moment calls for :P the way I see it, the point is to feel as natural and normal in my kit as I do in everyday clothes

7: Time zones usually make this impossible for me, so maybe, I don't know?
Gimli: It's true you don't see many Dwarf-women. And in fact, they are so alike in voice and appearance, that they are often mistaken for Dwarf-men.
Aragorn: It's the beards.
Jack
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Jack »

1: if i were to portray a middle earth persona it'd be a dwarf so i dont think it'd be proper to go around speaking sindarin and the dwarf language Khuzdul is really only used in private among other dwarves so its not as fleshed out as the other languages and even if it was it wouldnt be right to use it openly for pointy ears to hear so for the time being westron will have to suffice lol

2: personally im trying to make soft kit that wont get me killed in triple degree heat (thats farenheit for friends outside of the states) with 90% humidity so more linen less wool (not counting winter specific kit which i havent started yet), but that still looks middle earth correct, and i would definitely use earth tones that match my surroundings

3: where i go there arent very many people around but i intend to still use somewhat of a stealth approach just because it seems to be in keeping with the role of a ranger or dwarven fells-ward but that pertains more to how I make/break camp off trail rather than any kind of human interaction on trail... hypothetically at least since there are no trails where I go.

4: initially i was going to forge an Ulfberht style sword with a dwarf twist but after a couple hours i remembered why i havent worked the forge since last winter, its just too hot for such a drawn out project (blacksmith pun lol)
So until the weather cools off and i can revisit that idea im going to make a shepherds axe with a hammer poll for stakes, and if i can dig mine out the back of my storage shipping container i'll also use a horsebow. Oh and a belt knife of course.

5: Outside of this hobby I've always taken a rifle with me anytime i go into this one sketchy area in the past but for the sake of immersion i'll be avoiding that area during certain times of the year and leaving the rifle in my truck (in a safe of course). If i run into what i carry that rifle for... well that horsebow is going to have to step up to the plate lol
But you can shoo away copperheads and black bears (unless you come between a mother and cubs) easy enough without a gun i wouldnt really worry about them. Thats just me though.

6: usually my main goal is to decompress for a week or however long i get to be out but it depends kinda like what Iodo said. If i take a bow i'll definitely do some stump shooting, great way to practice shooting instinctively at any range.

7: i wouldnt know anything about that sorry, D&D does sound like something i'd like to try but more so for the tabletop experience with close friends and the miniatures and dice and all that good stuff
Last edited by Jack on Tue Jun 21, 2022 3:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Okay so for my part

1) It all depends on what your persona is. I'm not entirely sure that too many of the rangers would have spoken fluent elvish (but I'm happy to be corrected)
Perhaps just a few key words that you may have used on a joint patrol such as Orcs, or Goblins or basic commands like stop or come? For my part I like to use Old English (Old Mercian was the dialect the professor chose for the people of Rohan) I usually give newcomers a version of their name in Old English as it builds a familiarity (yours is Hwithara - White Hare) and when I write letters to other members I use the Old English Futhorc rune system.
Of course it helps that Old English and Anglo Saxon studies are my main interest outside of this group.

2) For my part I simply had to portray a man of Rohan, its the culture and characters that I love most in the books. For me this posed some authenticity dilemmas which dictated my gear choices. I wont go into it here but you can read it in this thread - viewtopic.php?f=39&t=4643
Fortunately this gave me a few options as far as clothing goes in my hot climate. Being a wanderer I may sometimes be in Harad in linen and silk and at other times may be in the far north in seal skin and pile cloak. I know it's flying a bit loose with the scope of the books but I had to stay true to what I wanted from the hobby.

3) I have been doing this and historical hiking for a long time now and from my experience you not only want to be seen but actively try and engage those you get a chance to. No need to say much beyond a very happy hello and if they want to know they will do the rest of the conversation for you.
The very last thing you want is to have some old dot see you 'stalking me through the woods with a sword and a bow' as the cops will come down on you like a ton of bricks. Act normal and people will see normal.
Of course having said that, try and pick places where there are no people, it's far more fun and immersive.

4) It depends on the hike and the gear, at a minimum it will be a spear or staff and a knife. Sometimes it will be a warhammer or dane axe, sometimes a bow. If in doubt then take a spear and knife - the spear was ubiquitous on the early medieval battlefield and for good reason as it's incredibly easy to use and cheap to make compared to a sword. It will give your impression a good solid grounding in reality (no sense having a fancy sword if you can't afford nice shoes right?)

5) Real World Precautions: No firearms (but then we don't have bears here in Australia. All of our real world stuff is first aid/medical based along with a PLB for emergency extraction (we do risky things)
I would question the use of a firearm for a copperhead as by the time you see it it's either slithering away or too late.

6) Goals: What do you actually try to get done on your outings? For us it's often about testing modifications and new gear but it's mostly about fun. When you stand on top of a mountain with nothing between you and the oncoming blizzard but your skill, preparation and quality of gear then you get truly tested in a way that's rare in the modern world.
Those are the times too when if you look around and see nothing modern, no sound but the snowfall and your heartbeat...... for that moment you could be in any time or space. You could be Otzi the Iceman, you could be Boromir on his lonely voyage to Imladris, you could be Tuor travelling through Nevrast to the shores of the great sea.

I have never found a better way to describe this than the Japanese concept of Furyu - The Japanese term furyu is composed of two kanji characters – wind and flow. It describes a sense that can be felt and sometimes heard, but like the wind – never seen. It points to a wordless ephemeral beauty that can only be experienced in the moment, for the next instant it will dissolve like the morning mist.

I once saw two young foxes on a far riverbank playing, there was a patch of 5 meters clear through the fog they were pouncing eachother and bounding around, I grew up in the bush and have never seen the like - it was a frozen window into another world. As I watched them I knew that any second now the moment would end and that I would never see it again. Thats furyu, those are the moments I hunt in the wild.

7) Online Roleplaying Games: I don't really have the time though I do love such things.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

1) Language: Sindarin, Quenya, sign -

I think a Dunedain (or elvish, obviously) persona would do well to learn as much Sindarin as possible. Granted it's not complete, but getting at least a few common phrases into one's skull makes a world of difference. Sadly, all my Sindarin has rotted over the last decade, and I don't foresee getting back to it in the near term. :(

Sign - I've read a book based on the link Cimrandir suggests. He's right, the content was too limited for anything in a "rangery" space, it was mostly things like "please pass the butter."

As to whether Tolkien's Rangers would use sign of some sort ... I don't know, I don't think we ever see two together in a situation that would call for it, do we?

I suspect had the Professor cared to write more in that direction he would have included some form of sign, simply because so much of Aragorn was drawn from from Natty Bumpo and the like. (Also, there was something of a Native craze in Britain around the time of Tolkien's childhood - hence Sioux-ish characters showing up in Peter Pan, etc. )

That said, Dunedain rangers using handsign is purely supposition. I don't think I'd use it in a hardcore MERS context because there's zero evidence for it - but for going out with your buddies, sure!

From the last time I did a reading dive - native sign is more about simple communication across language groups, modern(ish) military sign is more about visual coordination for a task - so I expect the latter is probably the most useful wellspring to poke around in. But I've no practical experience in any of them - I'm curious to hear from those that have!

2) Regionally Specific...

I think the answer to this question is what you want to do - reenact Tolkien, or have generally period/primitive wilderness walks?

Far-travelling expeditions like Aragorn's excepted, Tolkien's Rangers dwelled in and trained for Eriador and Ithilien - so "a Dunedain Ranger" means generally wools and leathers. But naturally in the real world we live in all sorts of environments and have all kinds of different challenges.

I tend to think working in concert with one's own environment is always ultimately more immersive. The "it's Eriador, except with maize" or "my magic elven doohickey" manner of adaptations I find ultimately unsatisfying.

If my aim was to reenact Tolkien, I'd stick as close as I could to what's on the pages, and not use local / New World materials unless they're specifically mentioned. But for primitive and soulful wilderness walks, I think it's rather a fun exercise to piece together a setting/story of your own, working out from what materials and practices actually make sense in your region. (One of these days I'd love to go off in a mystic Hawthorn-inspiried "creepy 17th c. New England" direction, but that's another game for another time. :)

If I lived in a climate like Arizona I think I'd either go for a more American-frontier (or pre-contact!) reenacting scene, or if I had to have Tolkien fantasy.... hrm. Maybe far Harad (Black Dunedain? trade caravan scout?) or far Rhun (something vaguely steppe archer?), depending on the season. For Northern Georgia.. hrm. It's warmer than Eriador's inspiration, and wetter than Ithilien's... I don't know Mediterranean plant life well enough to guess. I'd be tempted to still
go Eriador, and pay attention to the oaks and try not to see the rhododendrons, but I don't know.

3) No Witnesses...
These days I'm fortunate enough to be able to walk mostly in the woods behind our farm, so I can do what I want and not be worried about people. Before that... I think Cimrandir and Eofor have the right of it. People are going to be more spooked by "strangely dressed person skulking in the forest and watching them" than "strangely dressed person waving hello on the trail."

4,5) weapons and firearms...
To the former - depends on persona and context. I think Andy and Greg and Manv's "bow and short-ish blade" make a lot of sense, at least in the thick hilly woods like where I live. "Aerlinneth" probably doesn't have more than a walking stick and a knife - but she's got bigger dogs for company. :)

To the latter - depends on the area. In Alaska I sometimes did, especially after an aquaintance found herself stalked by wolves on a morning jog. In New England not generally.

6) Goals...

Mostly these days just get outside in the green to relax. I can't help but do a bit of woods-managing while I'm there (cutting bittersweet off trees, etc), occasionally doing some wildland planting - but mostly just keeping an eye on things. If I've been sewing something new, I'll often carry it out to see how well it works. Some seasons I've made a point of always seeing or learning something new, which is extremely satisfying and I really should do more of.

And I adore Eorfor's "Furyu" - yes, that exactly. :mrgreen:

For what it's worth, I've found growing some common wild herbs from seed over a season does worlds for your plant identification skills. A book or even a thoughtful guide is nothing to looking in a plant every morning and seeing how it's coming along day to day. It can also give you a better sense for plant families and how a given plant will adapt to different light and water conditions, which will help with wild identification. Things don't always look exactly like they do in the books.

7) games...
No time, I'm afraid. I loved Skyrim back in the day though.
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
OParnoShoshoi
Dúnadan

Post by OParnoShoshoi »

Loving all the answers here, such a diverse mix of thought except where it seems everyone agrees "better to be the friendly stranger on the trail than to be the stalking stranger on the trail"

And @Iodo I actually watched several of your videos last night!
(INSERT WITTICISM HERE)
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

1) There aren't enough hours in the day...but I've spent some time simply memorizing the Runic Cirth alphabet, which is strictly phonetic and so can be used to write in virtually any language and be technically legit across the board. "Rangers use runes", as Aragorn says at Weathertop.

2) Make it safe for your clime, for sure, but I still err on the side of authentic towards the books and history, and don't generally trek mid-summer because it' just too stinking hot.

3) I've been the weird forest hermit that hides, for sure. Not so much out of embarrassment, but because sometimes conversing with the public is exhausting. I chat with many all the same, but I tend to trek in remote-ish places anyway, so it's less common than it used to be.

4) I carry a Bow and a short-ish sword, because Hunting in my area with a spear would not likely yield results, and I carry a valid license so when opportunities arise I can.

5) Nnnope. I don't have bear activity in my area, but if I did I don't think I would all the same. There are precautions that can be taken when in bear country that don't involve firearms, and I personally wouldn't feel right carrying one with my kit...but I won't stop someone who feels the need in a bear-heavy area.

6) On MERS group treks, we are generally pleasure-trekking...we're hanging out as a group and exploring. We build shelters against inclement weather, discuss the latest in research, etc., and generally enjoy each other's company. On my own, I'm usually more goal-oriented. I actively hunt during the fall season, and I otherwise will usually have a destination in mind.

7) Not applicable...not enough time in my schedule to add something like this at the moment.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
OParnoShoshoi
Dúnadan

Post by OParnoShoshoi »

Greg wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:45 pm 6) On MERS group treks
Beg pardon? How often do these happen and where can I find a schedule? 👀
(INSERT WITTICISM HERE)
Greg

Post by Greg »

These that I refer to are generally private affairs with just a few participants, as the MERS membership has been growing VERY slowly for some time. As we begin to have a wider reach (even now, as we're growing steadily on Youtube these past few weeks) more public events will start to happen (hopefully!)

In the meantime, poke around on edgeofthewild.org, look us up on Facebook, peruse the database of past newsletters, and especially look at Volume 5, Issue 3: Autumn 2020, which describes our membership tiers and could give you an idea of where to get started! Thanks for asking!
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

Greg wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:27 pm These that I refer to are generally private affairs with just a few participants, as the MERS membership has been growing VERY slowly for some time. As we begin to have a wider reach (even now, as we're growing steadily on Youtube these past few weeks) more public events will start to happen (hopefully!)
Actually I’m curious on this point. What kind of events do you imagine MERS would target for attendance? Living history re-enactments? Ren Faires? Heaven forbid, Comic-Cons? :lol: :lol: :lol:
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Greg

Post by Greg »

Living History events would be the top priority...but there are VERY FEW that are willing to so much as hear us out, much less have us in attendance. SO...we are most likely to make our first group public event appearance at a Ren Faire...but we're being a bit choosy about that. Most of the Fires near me are...untested? Fresh/young? Something like that.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

Greg wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 4:22 pm Living History events would be the top priority...but there are VERY FEW that are willing to so much as hear us out, much less have us in attendance.
I would, but then I'm obviously biased. Obviously with a few caveats such as a brief to event organisers, a separate area and quite clear signage. The problem with reenactment is that it's all about politics and I can already tell that you would be singled out - not because you're technically not living history but because he quality of your impressions and skills would put many reenactors to shame.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
OParnoShoshoi
Dúnadan

Post by OParnoShoshoi »

Eofor wrote: Thu Jun 23, 2022 6:02 am because he quality of your impressions and skills would put many reenactors to shame.
The only thing worse than being different is being good at it
(INSERT WITTICISM HERE)