...if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eothain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

...if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to

Post by Eothain »

Rangers, and All

Life has it's ways of pushing you to paths.
Life had pushed me to a path of loss and struggle. That path has lead me to rebuilding and growth.

I return, though know not those who might remember me. To this forum I apologize for disappearing with no word. I had no intentions of being away so long, or remaining unheard from. As I said, life has it's ways.

I have missed this forum, it's people and endeavors, dearly. If you'll have me, I'm now back at a point where I might enjoy this company once more.

I'm happy to see the peoples of this site still at it, and that this community is still growing!
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
Manveruon
Thangailhir

Re: ...if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to

Post by Manveruon »

It’s really good to see you around these parts again! I’ve had a number of absences, both long and short, but it’s always good to find my way back again eventually - glad to see you did as well!
Maerondir Perianseron, also called “Mickel,” Halfling Friend - Ranger of the Misty Mountains
Eothain

Re: ...if you don't keep your feet, there's no knowing where you might be swept off to

Post by Eothain »

Thank you for the warm welcome, Manveruon! It's good to see you as well!
...in the end the Shadow was only a small and passing thing: there was light and high beauty for ever beyond its reach.
Harper
Haeropada

Post by Harper »

Welcome Back!

I hope that your problems have been satisfactorily resolved.
Eofor
Haeropada

Post by Eofor »

It's only seven years right? But seriously, welcome back.
But the white fury of the Northmen burned the hotter, and more skilled was their knighthood with long spears and bitter. Fewer were they but they clove through the Southrons like a fire-bolt in a forest.
Eothain

Post by Eothain »

The math shocked me after I came to the realization. It's been too long. Not so much "problems" as much a complete 180 in life. However, here we are :D

Thank you all!
Cimrandir
Haeropada

Post by Cimrandir »

I like to think of the forum as a roadside inn. Some people live nearby and the inn is their regular watering hole. Some people are frequent travelers as they stop in every few months or so as they make their way up and down the road. Some people just come in once as they travel onward toward their final destination. It takes all types to make the inn feel like home. Whenever you come back, the fire feels a little warmer and the conversation becomes a little more lively. But the inn will always be there welcoming you back. We’re glad you’ve returned.
Persona : Cimrandir - late 3rd Age Dunedain
Elleth
êphal ki-*raznahê

Post by Elleth »

Well said Cimrandir - and welcome back Eothain!
Persona: Aerlinneth, Dúnedain of Amon Lendel c. TA 3010.
Eothain

Post by Eothain »

Cimrandir, beautiful words! Thank you! I concur with Elleth! Thank you both for a very warm welcome back!
8) 8) 8)
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

SO GOOD to see you! Welcome, welcome! I knew you'd knock on our door again sometime...this place is hard to stay away from forever!
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Eothain

Post by Eothain »

Greg, thank you! I'm happy and excited to be back amongst such good folk!
Barandir

Post by Barandir »

Wonderful to meet you, Eothain! A little off topic, but I went to middle school in Glenwood Iowa...how long have you been around there?
Barandir, a Third Age Dunedain, also known as Brand or the Goshawk.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I only love that which they defend.
Eothain

Post by Eothain »

Barandir, well met!
Funny thing, I actually just bought a house there. So we moved there just this month. Originally from Missouri though, and have moved around quite a bit in the last few years. What a coincidence!
Barandir

Post by Barandir »

Oh wow, that really is a coincidence! Well met, sir, and enjoy your new home!
Barandir, a Third Age Dunedain, also known as Brand or the Goshawk.

I do not love the bright sword for its sharpness, nor the arrow for its swiftness, nor the warrior for his glory; I only love that which they defend.
Taylor Steiner
Haeropada

Post by Taylor Steiner »

Welcome back!
Frodo lives!