Snow shoes.

For discussion of knowledge of the wood; this means camping, tracking, and other outdoor pursuits.

Moderators: Eric C, Greg

Willrett
Thangailhir

Snow shoes.

Post by Willrett »

Since I have about 3 foot or so of snow in the yard I have been thinking about snow shoes. We don't get this much every year but it would still be nice to have some down the road. I have looked at some but don't really know what I'm looking for or what would be a more period correct style. Anyone have any ideas?
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Re: Snow shoes.

Post by Greg »

Snowshoes go way back, but I've found that the most functional and effective ones are american frontier designs, with the exception of a few swiss designs. I prefer a longer, narrower snowshoe to the fat "bear paw" models which makes walking like a duck necessary. However, for transporting snowshoes, long ones can be a pain. I've seen some 46-50" narrow shoes on ebay over the years; they'd strap easily to a backpack or quiver without sticking out obnoxiously.

THAT BEING SAID, I have no interest in buying snowshoes for Rangering. They're quite a bit to lug around when you're not using them, and one can quiite easily collect some piles of dead wet wood and lash them together, fat ends forward, to the bottoms of your shoes, and they'll work quite nicely. Here you go:

http://videos.howstuffworks.com/discove ... -video.htm
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Waugh23

Post by Waugh23 »

As per i think that you have to chose chippewa boots, dingo boots or minnetonka moccasins and i like to say that all are going with your dressing and makes you good looking.
Waugh23

Post by Waugh23 »

Hey i am first time post.This is such a very good types of boots.and also i also want to take this for my personal use.I also have some good types of boots like Fashion,Stylish,Nocona and tony lama boots.thanks
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I think you should wear them everyday. Snow shoes the new fashion for everyday wear.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"