THIEVES!!!

Belly up to the Bar and tell us about yourself.

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Eric C
Vendor

Re: THIEVES!!!

Post by Eric C »

Thanks everyone. I think the worst of it- emotionally speaking- is over for me. I really went through it Saturday as I took out the shattered door and replaced it. I finally got the house secure enough to sleep in at about 10:30 PM after ruining my back and shoulders. I'll refrain from saying what I felt like doing to whoever did this. But it's passed now. There are still a couple of things left to do, but emotionally I think it'll be better from here on out.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I got a call from a detective today. They have a suspect a few counties away! He was selling the items he stole on Craig's list and at auctions so most likely I won't get my stuff back. But the guy is wanted by the US Marshals. It's enough to know he WILL be off the streets for a while.

I'll fill in some details when I know it's okay to do so.

Woohoo!!! I needed some good news.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

That really is good news! Maybe some of the stuff will come home; fingers crossed!
Willrett
Thangailhir

Post by Willrett »

I hope u see some of your stuff.
"Knowledge is a weapon. I intend to be formidably armed." Richard, the Seeker (Sword of Truth)"
Elegost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Elegost »

Thats what I like to hear, the law caught up with the scum! I do hope you get some of your stuff back.
Beornmann

Post by Beornmann »

We had a rash of break-ins around our neighborhood and also several other surrounding communities, on both side of the state line. The police made more of a presence and stepepd up their activities. Just a few weeks ago, they caught them and charged them for many of the robberies. Most of the stolen items will not be recovered and they were pawned, traded, or given for drugs. Once they were caught, I heard, another state task force wants them for more charges.
Near is the hour when the Lost should come forth, And the Grey Company ride from the North.
Dinendir.

Post by Dinendir. »

I'm glad you are finally getting some good news in all this.
I do hope you get your stuff back.
Even if it's one or two items, although getting them all back would be better.
"Si vis pacem, para bellum."
He who seeks peace, prepares for war.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I'm going to Wayne County Friday to collect my things. My wife was looking through files on the computer last night and found pics of many of the items we lost. That will come in handy when we get the insurance paperwork filed.

Erepharon: Welcome to the boards. We look forward to hearing from you.
Dinendir.

Post by Dinendir. »

Much appreciated. I've been lurking for about a month now.
I've enjoyed what I've read, and the antics of the people here.
:D
Mirimaran
Thangailhir

Post by Mirimaran »

Hail and well met, Erepharon! Tell us a bit about yourself!

Eric, I am glad that you were able to recover some of your items. I have no love for thieves, and I hope he gets his. At least now he won't have to steal to eat! 8)
"Well, what are you waiting for? I am an old man, and have no time for your falter! Come at me, if you will, for I do not sing songs of dastards!"
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

No, he broke the law- multiple times- so I get to feed him with my tax dollars. :evil: But at least he won't be free to steal from anyone else.
Dinendir.

Post by Dinendir. »

Well met, Mirmiran. It's good to finally be able to "meet" all of you, in due time. Like I said, I've been following for a solid month or so.

And Eric, I'm glad you're getting your items back. Although we are ALL now feeding this pig filth, at least he gets to rot in a cell with Bubba. :lol:
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

:lol: :lol:
Dailir

Post by Dailir »

I just found this, and hate to bump it back up, but I'm dieing to ask. How much did you recover?
Fellow Dùnedain, gather your arms and fight with me, fight for all you know and you cannot fail.
jbook

Post by jbook »

Its good your getting your items back. I hate thieves as well. My van was broken into last year. Luckily all they got was a GPS system that was a wedding present. But God is good. Glad to hear things turned out okay.