Causal Ranger gear.

A place for pics and tutorials on making Soft Kit (clothing and accessories like buckles and cloak pins).

Moderators: caedmon, Greg

Elegost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Causal Ranger gear.

Post by Elegost »

Greetings wonderers from afar!

I've seen many shots of full Ranger gear upon the forum, but no casual outfits which the Rangers might of wore. I myself have made a casual outfit, It reflects my personalty, and it focus's heavily upon naure, and peace. Its nothing special, just a lose simple outfit, with just a hint of elegance; the embroidery, as the Dunedain were once very elegant, but now they are simple, with small hints to there once great power.

Took these in my Garden, hence the wire fence.

-Chris
Peter Remling
Athel Dunedain

Re: Causal Ranger gear.

Post by Peter Remling »

I like it! The V yoke in the front is different yet it works very well.
kaelln

Post by kaelln »

Cool embroidery! The tunic is reminiscent of the one Legolas wore in the movies. Very cool! I would consider running a hem; it looks like you have a fraying problem, and those just get worse in my experience. Alternatively, you could make (or buy) an edging. I think that would look great in the contrasting green.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Love it! If I had a few sets of that outfit, I'd wear it in public every day.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Greg
Urush bithî 'nKi ya-nam bawâb

Post by Greg »

Looks like a nice "At the outpost" or "in rivendell" kind off "off-duty" shirt/outfit. Nice attention to detail, too! I like the style/design...might have to borrow some thoughts from that.

Contemplate this concept I will. Should be something a bit less rugged than standard kit, with comfort being the most important factor. Something that could afford more decoration than a field-intensive kit. Expect me to post in here again shortly. I'm sure that many of our number, having spent former lives as reenactors or SCA members, already have spare shirts and things that would work well for this, but the extent of my reenactment life has been spent Rangering, so this is something I'm gonna hafta put some thought/work into.

Come to think of it, such an outfit would also probably work well for wearing around camp in peaceful areas, doing chores like fetching water, cooking, oiling leather garments, etc. Certainly not something when an engagement would be expected, but something that'd solve my summertime problem of overheating when at camp due to full travel/battle kit. Like it very much.
Now the sword shall come from under the cloak.
Elegost
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Elegost »

Thanks everyone, Yes I ned to get the edges sorted out, a contrasting green would look good, I hope to make more off-duty outfits.

-Chris