LOTRO Ranger Gathering

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

Ernildir
Haeropada

Re: LOTRO Ranger Gathering

Post by Ernildir »

No problem. We just had LOTRO open and were watching and listening in case anyone showed up while we prepared for a real life Wood Elf Yule Celebration, so there was no inconvenience on our part. No one showed up, so after our real life preparations were done we just witnessed the slaying of Theodred in Rohan, logged off, and then went to our Wood Elf party. ;)
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Ranger of Arthedain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ranger of Arthedain »

I was unable to attend myself, Dirhael, because my computer had to be reset back to factory settings. :| I am currently re-downloading the game, so probably won't be able to get back on there until tomorrow sometime.

I would, however, like to apologize for not being able to attend Ernildhir, whether or not it caused you or your brother any inconveniences. Perhaps one day, however, we can try to attempt at doing the march to Fornost; as I personally would love to do it! :)
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

I was at a friends house that evening and his computer seemed to have some weird problem with the game. I am free almost every weekend though, if we are going to attempt yet another one!

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Okay, trying to throw a character into the mix here. I've downloaded the game installer and created my account. How do I get in? There's a hidden gate I'm missing or something. I'm sure I'll have many more questions that may be benficial to other newcomers, so I'll just ask them here I suppose. In the meantime, I'm going to explore the site and maybe answer my own question.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Hehe, told you I'd answer my own question. Simply read and follow the e-mail they send you.

Edit:
Actually after continuing to search, I discovered that my new computer never finished the download of the game for some reason. :? So I'm continuing the download as we speak.
Ichthean Forge (pronounced Ick thee an). Maker of knives, and primitive camping gear.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Hey guys I started a few Dwarf characters that are pretty low level on Arkenstone to be able to play with my Merf brothers let me know what level you need to be if I have to I can transfer in one of my Windfola characters who is are a bit more substantial and better funded.
:mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Eric and Ringulf, tell me your characters names when you can get round to creating some. I don't play much at the moment (since no longer being VIP) but I'd absolutely love to help you. Give a shout when you need a hand to Dirhaelar, Boindill, Furamdas, or... or... I've forgotten what my elf is called :/

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

Boindill huh? HMMMM I smell a dwarf in that! (unless you have not read any Markus Heitz!)
I am developeing 2 more than the others, Ringulf is my Dwarven Ranger and Aribjorn my Dwarven Guardian.

I also have a dwarven Champion by the name of Heithbjorn and my Runemage is Haakonhammerhand, all Dwarves.
:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :wink:
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

I had to randomize the name of my champion so I'll have to get it for you. Haven't played yet. My computer did something wierd when I tried to log in the first few times. But don't you know that when I have to go to work and don't have time to play, it lets me right in? :roll:
Eric C
Vendor

Post by Eric C »

Okay, my character is a Champion man named Anthalond. Just getting started with him though. It'll be a while before he's ready for real action.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I can run around with you my guys are all pretty low level too, let me know when you plan to be on I have a guardian and a Hunter that would be good to pair up with.
:mrgreen:
Ranger of Arthedain

Yikes! Well, I should check in on the site more often, I think!

Eric, Ringulf if you guys need any help give me a shout, I have been taking a break from lotro for quite some time now, (blame Skyrim ;) ) but am getting back into playing as regularly as I once did. I will add your characters to my friends list and if you want you can add my own to yours as well. :) They are Mallornriel, my hunter and Aearwen my Runekeeper.

Speaking of which, Ernildhir, whenever you're on the game if you don't mind, could you please add Mallornriel back? :( To be quite honest, I should have never left in the first place, lol, I seriously do miss Rangers of the North. :P

It's good to be back on the forums, by the way. :P
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Hah... the thing about Rangers of the North is that there are never more than three people online, and usually there are zero, so nothing ever happens. ;) But I'd be glad to add you back next time I see you. At least we have a nice kinship house. :P

And someone needs to get an official Ranger gathering organized now, since we apparently have an increase in activity and availability. :twisted:
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Post by Eledhwen »

I've seen you several times, just not as Eledhwenn, which is the character I want to add. LOL

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Ranger of Arthedain

Ernildhir wrote:Hah... the thing about Rangers of the North is that there are never more than three people online, and usually there are zero, so nothing ever happens. ;) But I'd be glad to add you back next time I see you. At least we have a nice kinship house. :P

And someone needs to get an official Ranger gathering organized now, since we apparently have an increase in activity and availability. :twisted:

It's not the size nor is it the regular activity of members that matters. ;) 'Twas one of the reasons I even transferred my main character to the Arkenstone server, and you gave me 25 gold. :( Was considerably rude of me to leave and I felt bad about it lol. And, because it was so quiet, I was not pressured to do any sort of raids/skirms that I did not want to do or have done over and over and over again. I could do what I loved doing best. ;)

I'm up for doing the previous idea we had (the march to Fornost, then doing the skirm), unless someone else comes up with another. Or, we can do one of the Annuminas runs as well.