LOTRO Ranger Gathering

The main focus of MERF is Dunedain Ranger reenactment, but we have a diverse cross-section of users that have multiple interests. Let your other Geek flags fly here.

Moderator: caedmon

Eledhwen
Thangailhir

Re: LOTRO Ranger Gathering

Post by Eledhwen »

Arkenstone is pretty much the only server I play on currently. I have a character on Imladris that I play every so often but for the most part I play on Arkenstone, as does my son.

Eledhwen
Nandalad!
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

If I may ask, what was your technique? I've done pretty well with the AH, mostly selling ore, but not THIS well.
One main source of income is the LOTRO Lottery system. Many of the items you can win there are extremely valuable. I won a Tome of Vitality V a couple weeks ago. Worth 60g on the auction house. My brother won 5 Scrolls of Greater Delving (100g) and a Tome of Will III (30-40g). Enter the lotteries, win them, and sell your winnings.

Another option, if you are at least level around 50, is to run Carn Dum and Urugarth and sell the class-quest items that drop. They can sell for anywhere between about two and twenty gold apiece. If you are level 60 or higher, you might even try soloing the place. Many of the bosses are easily soloable at higher levels.

Another good way is to anticipate supply and demand and take advantage of it. For example, when crafted second age legendary items were about to be released, I anticipated a great increase in demand of Legendary Shards. I stocked up for a few weeks buying many of them from the auction house, and sure enough, after the update, I could sell them all at about 400% profit.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

I'm thinking the idea of a Thanksgiving Weekend Gathering might have been too short notice, since it is only a few days away and we have not yet nailed down a day/time. What do you all say to Sunday, December 18? Please respond with the time slots you would expect to be available on that day, if at all. All in EST just for standardization. I would suggest the 17th, but I will not be available that day, or any weekend prior to that.
And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

I cant do this weekend Im afraid... we're going to have a new internet put in and at the moment it is way too slow to be able to do anything more than browsing, but by the 18th it should be fine.

Life before Death.
Strength before Weakness.
Journey before Destination.
Eruant
Wayfarer

Post by Eruant »

Stumbled upon this today and figured I'd share it here... http://forums.lotro.com/showthread.php? ... it/page144 scroll down a bit, there are REAL RANGER cosmetics coming out in update 5! :mrgreen:
“An ordinary archer practices until he gets it right. A ranger practices until he never gets it wrong.”
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Alright... let's give this another try.

I propose the weekend after New Year's weekend. This would be January 7th-8th. For the sake of narrowing down a date and time, I will arbitrarily select Saturday January 7th, 3:00 PM EST. If any of you cannot make that time, but can make an earlier or later time that day, we can adjust the time accordingly. If any of you cannot make Saturday the 7th, we can try for Sunday the 8th. Please confirm whether or not this would be a convenient date/time for you, and hopefully we can at last get to our cleansing of Fornost. ;)
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

DO NOT LET ME FORGET. Would it be alright if a lvl 17 came along? no problem if not ;)

Life before Death.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Dirhael wrote:DO NOT LET ME FORGET. Would it be alright if a lvl 17 came along? no problem if not ;)
I will be sure to put up a reminder as the date approaches, and yes it would be alright.
Ringulf
Naugothrain

Post by Ringulf »

I got my Lotro stuff all dusted off and was playing a bit after your first posts, but I lost my vid driver the last time my computer had a meltdown and forgot what and how to install the device, now it is not letting me on or I would try and join you. I have a low level "Ringulf" Hunter I made just for Arkenstone.

(with all of the time I have been spending crafting and writing it has most likey been a good thing not to have had the temptation, but I am very much in the mood lately to be tempted, so perhaps one of you technophiles could help this old technophobe out! lol :mrgreen:
I am Ringulf the Dwarven Woodsman, I craft leather, wood, metal, and clay,
I throw axes, seaxes, and pointy sticks, And I fire my bow through the day.
Come be my ally, lift up your mead! We'll search out our foes and the Eagles we'll feed! :mrgreen:
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

I wish I could help, but I don't know a lot about computers myself. I'll try anyway, though. :p

If you don't have a disk to install the video driver, you may or may not be able to download it from one of these sites: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us http://www.nodevice.com/

Good luck.
Ranger of Arthedain
Silent Watcher over the Peaceful Lands

Post by Ranger of Arthedain »

I'm not entirely sure if this is what you're looking for, Ringulf, but give this article a read.

http://www.articlesbase.com/software-ar ... 41984.html

The 7th-8th sounds good to me, by the way. And given it's on a weekend I can go however early or late you all plan. :)
When the snows fall and the white winds blow, the lone wolf dies, but the pack survives. Winter is almost upon us, it will be long and hard, but the North remembers and the wolves will come again.
SoupRanger
Wayfarer

Post by SoupRanger »

does level matter? I would be done for some playing
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Level doesn't matter.
Ernildir
Haeropada

Post by Ernildir »

Just a reminder, the gathering is planned for this Saturday at 3:00 PM EST. Meet at Halros' Camp in the Northern reaches of the Shire or add Ernildhir or Eornath to your friends list, contact one of us, and we can summon you to the location. Then we march to Fornost.
Jon
Amrod Rhandir

Post by Jon »

Guys I am trying as hard as I can to get on, LOTRO doesnt seem to be working...

Life before Death.